User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned

If my driving instructor could see me driving today...

She would either give me my license right away, or call the cops on me for driving without one.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Good driver could mean the skill of having a steady reflex and control of the car in whatever situation or speed.
    Good driver could also mean someone who is constantly being careful on the road in a steady pace so as to avoid more challenging maneuvers to keep safe.

I would call myself a skilled driver. I would call my boyfriend a cautious driver, but not a good driver. (He gets very nervous behind the wheel and compensates by driving very defensively. Unfortunately, he has had many accidents because he panics.)
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

I think I am above average on the bicycle. The last time I drove a car I was around 12 years old.

MBTI
    ISTP

I think I'm about average. I do tend to get a little road rage from time to time. Nothing too bad like tailgating but I loooove to cuss up a storm, even when the situation might not warrant it. Driving makes me nervous and cussing (for whatever reason) calms me down.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    If my driving instructor could see me driving today...

She would either give me my license right away, or call the cops on me for driving without one.
    I had a five year streak of driving every day with a suspended license before getting caught. The police took my car away in that incident and I never saw it again. But what really pisses me off, is that I had a pair of custom made sunglasses in my glove compartment and I never saw those again either. Ever since then I’ve never been able to find sunglasses that were as good as those.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I had a five year streak of driving every day with a suspended license before getting caught. The police took my car away in that incident and I never saw it again. But what really pisses me off, is that I had a pair of custom made sunglasses in my glove compartment and I never saw those again either. Ever since then I’ve never been able to find sunglasses that were as good as those.
    It's alright, I've already lost that pair of perfect shades. One of my friends, the one with the massive cranium stretched them out. I'll never forgive him for that.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I admit, I am not.

One thing I've noticed is that I don't get upset with other bad drivers because I guess I understand them. I've also noticed that people who think they are good drivers get mad (sometimes road rage) at bad drivers.

this is the tendency i see.

it's not consistent enough to be a rule, but for the most part, i find that people get road rage through much fault of their own.

good drivers can comfortably find their way through traffic/streets without endangering anyone, even despite numerous obstacles and obstructions. they don't need to get mad - they just get out of the way.

in cases where such maneuverability is impossible, e.g. being cut off from turning right on red by someone using the right hand lane to go straight, they display patience.

some good drivers i know are not patient. they're assholes on the street and miss no opportunities to judge the driving habits of everyone around them. especially if they're your passenger, you *will* be raked over the coals. sometimes it's as if they're looking for a reason to get upset.
    but they rule on the track.

What do you think?
    i think i'm an... alright driver. i'm still learning. getting faster and smarter. it's as much about knowing your vehicle as it is knowing your track.
    we fukin won boys

Permabanned

Judging by mom's white knuckles on the door strap whenever I'm driving, probably not.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes.

But I'm a much better race driver than I am, sheep in the herd traffic driver.