User Tag List

Thread: I have issues with people who allow themselves to be too

Default I have issues with people who allow themselves to be too

I never learned how hard headed I could be or too mild tempered people around me were; it was yesterday that I actually realized how much of an ass I am.

they submit rather to make things right easily, with little fuss or conviction an allow me to continue on when they are not happy with something. this ended yesterday when I met INFJ.

the INFJ beheaded me for my ass hole behavior. I don`t think anyone would have confronted and got to the heart of the matter like her.
    I guess I need people to be willing to set me straight when I cross the line and unwilling to back down.

never occurred to me how I was being ass, its not my intention either. I would honestly rather people tell me and be up front rather then hide their feelings and allow crappy situations to continue because I really am Clueless.

I wish there were more people like the infj in my life.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

we can do that for you.

Honestly, though, yes -- as a recovering "mild-tempered accomodater" I am now letting myself be more open about what I think/feel about things. I think it serves a purpose sometimes, as you have described here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

It's great when we can let our guard down and actually allow ourselves to be called on our bullshit.

I think the whole sentiment of "pick your battles" runs both ways--picky and disagreeable people might have to pick fewer of them, but the overly-accommodating and passive people need to fight more often.