User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Eye floaters

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    ocular nanobots

Any missing time lately? Strange lights in the sky? Unexplained marks or injuries?

And if I answer "yes" to all those questions?

I hear that the bots are only active in the presence of light though so I should be safe in the dark, right? RIGHT? :panic:

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    And if I answer "yes" to all those questions?

I hear that the bots are only active in the presence of light though so I should be safe in the dark, right? RIGHT? :panic:
    The latest intel suggests that they are being equipped with infrared CCD vision too. Don't feel like your privacy is being violated, as they can only see what you look at. Just avoid mirrors, and things should be ok.

NPcomplete

The latest intel suggests that they are being equipped with infrared CCD vision too. Don't feel like your privacy is being violated, as they can only see what you look at. Just avoid mirrors, and things should be ok.

So they know I'm talking about them, don't they?

*GASP!*

Is that why the phone is ringing right now?

* conversion progress: 99.9 %*

I. Can't. Say. Anything. Anymore.

They. Are. Coming.

But. You. Can. Still. Save. Yourself.

Run.

And. For. Gawd's. Sake. Wear. A. Blindfold.

___

On topic:

Yes I do have eye floaters. I think they are normal. It's fun to "play" with them at times.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

This is slightly off-topic, but when I tilt my glasses I see the red in everything go up and the blue and green in everything go down. I notice when I was staring at a stage light which was changing colors that what was actually happening was the red value in it was changing, and then the blue and green. I took a closer look and found out it really WAS 3 LED lights doing that. Except I found it really odd that my glasses could split the red from the blue and green, but couldn't split the blue and green from each other.

Yeah, I have them. I remember having them since I was very young. I'd keep babbling about "squiggly wigglies" and make up stories about pixies on floating clouds and stuff until people told me to shut up. I also used them to estimate the size of the the deposits in my vitreous humor in a nerdy eighth grade science project where I was too lazy to actually want to build anything.

I can sort of control how they move by flicking my eyeballs around but I can't make them go away. They're somewhat entertaining, but in recent years, I've developed a big black one that's kind of annoying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I always wonder if floaters can significantly interfere with people's vision when looking through microscopes.

I also wonder if floaters were how we got the myth of canals on Mars (via early telescopes).

Any missing time lately? Strange lights in the sky? Unexplained marks or injuries?
    I did wake up this morning with a puncture wound in the crook of my right arm just above the vein. Hmmm...coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I always wonder if floaters can significantly interfere with people's vision when looking through microscopes.
    Yeah, I wonder how they correct for such a human error. Unless it's less likely for floaters to appear when your eye is as focused as it is when looking through a microscope.

Yes. more visible in daylight, looking at bright surfaces.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm pretty sure I've seen floaters when looking through a microscope. Then there are pesky eyelashes.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Darn you @allegorystory! This thread has made me more aware again of my eye floaters!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING