User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    It is a little weird that people are ok with an age gap where the guy is older, but tend towards horror if a woman is much older. Esp if her guy is hot. It just illustrates to me that people really subscribe to pretty traditional, conservative roles for the most part when it comes to the value and appeal of women and men.
    +1 Yeah, I wonder about this too.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I would definitely fuck Madonna if it is possible. So I agree with the concept.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Don't knock it til you try it. :-)

It's as big or little a deal as you want to make it. I think there's a lot going for such a match - that is, if you're compatible then there are a lot of positives when the woman is older. She's out on her own, has her own place and money, doesn't have her parents involved in her life in a way where they still make decisions for her or have expectations she must fulfill. She can be generally more certain of herself and able to live life on her own terms. I think it can be a really strong, positive match. There are challenges too. But every relationship has those.

It is a little weird that people are ok with an age gap where the guy is older, but tend towards horror if a woman is much older. Esp if her guy is hot. It just illustrates to me that people really subscribe to pretty traditional, conservative roles for the most part when it comes to the value and appeal of women and men.
    +1

i have noticed something really delightful with younger men: they appreciate the fact that an older woman isn't looking at them (or their bank account or their sperm count) like a pork chop that needs to get in their belly STAT.

successful, established women don't give a fark about such things because, as @violaine pointed out, we have our shit together.

i have been and will most likely continue to date younger men. that is, until older men stop growing man boobies. because i will not have that shit i tell you, i will not have it!

p.s. @nebbykoo: you are correct imo. an older woman's offer to set you up with a younger woman is probably an attempt to skirt her impulse to throw you down. i dare you to call the next woman out on it, and see the expression in her eyes.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I have noticed a funny phenomenon: when an older woman says that she wants to set you up with her daughter, she's attracted to you herself. I've encountered this four times, from this teacher and women I've worked with.
    Ohhh, this was actually just pointed out to me very recently. And yeah, I think it may sometimes (often?) be true. And some really...not very good situations could arise. There was one I was aware of where the girl was 18-19 and the guy was about 42, I think. They didn't end up dating for very long and I didn't know a lot about what was happening, but it was suggested to me that the mother had a crush on the guy and that she'd been trying to set things up for several years, which considering how young her daughter was is a little alarming.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    +1

p.s. @nebbykoo: you are correct imo. an older woman's offer to set you up with a younger woman is probably an attempt to skirt her impulse to throw you down. i dare you to call the next woman out on it, and see the expression in her eyes.
    If there is a spark, I'll do it and let you know how that went. Why not? People find each other at the strangest times.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Here's a scenario that is based on me, but not entirely: Suppose a woman is perhaps in her llate 20s/early 30s, but for her age and height, it doesn't match. However, she is intellectually interesting and, is in a way, mature (which the argument would be "what is maturity.") She attracts younger men who are in the range of 18 and 21. The men her age does think she's attractive, but doesn't truly know her actual age or asked and know after she told but wasn't attracted to her youthful features and height. Thus, she cannot find a guy her age and dates younger men because she can actually get away with it. No one knows her actual age. Is she just doomed to just date the younger instead of those her own age?
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Here's a scenario that is based on me, but not entirely: Suppose a woman is perhaps in her llate 20s/early 30s, but for her age and height, it doesn't match. However, she is intellectually interesting and, is in a way, mature (which the argument would be "what is maturity.") She attracts younger men who are in the range of 18 and 21. The men her age does think she's attractive, but doesn't truly know her actual age or asked and know after she told but wasn't attracted to her youthful features and height. Thus, she cannot find a guy her age and dates younger men because she can actually get away with it. No one knows her actual age. Is she just doomed to just date the younger instead of those her own age?
    This very much suggests that because I'm taller (which I am), I must be older. No wonder people think I should get together with an older guy.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Start by letting your actual age be known to men of interest. Height is a non-issue to many men except extreme cases. Youthful looks become more attractive the older you - and they - get. Perhaps the 'way' in which you are 'mature' does not sync with the way men your age or older are 'mature'. Everyone is 'in a way, mature' but it is the ways in which individuals are immature that are easiest to notice and remember. No one is doomed to anything that we do not doom ourselves to, quit settling for boys and hold out for a man whom you are not afraid to tell your age and act yourself. Best of luck.
    Oh, and the more time you spend with men 10 years your junior, the more likely you are to end up with one.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    This very much suggests that because I'm taller (which I am), I must be older. No wonder people think I should get together with an older guy.
    Well, that's just the thing, Silky. Too many people who judge too much by physical features are a pain.

Hope this isn't TOO off topic.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I have noticed a funny phenomenon: when an older woman says that she wants to set you up with her daughter, she's attracted to you herself. I've encountered this four times, from this teacher and women I've worked with.
    I think this is pretty much true for any female that mentions trying to set you up, especially if you haven't known them long and/or they don't even have a specific person in mind to set you up with.

It makes sense, though. If you found someone unattractive you wouldn't try to set them up with someone you cared about (true, whether or not they actually intend to set you up).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume