User Tag List

First 12345 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I briefly dated a woman who was about 46 at the time. I was 24. She was my high school German teacher. I enjoyed it. I was attracted to her when I was in HS, and I know she was too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I briefly dated a woman who was about 46 at the time. I was 24. She was my high school German teacher. I enjoyed it. I was attracted to her when I was in HS, and I know she was too.
    now we're talkin'. details?
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    He wants a mother, she wants a son, both want incest.
    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I agree with nico.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    About senza?

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post

You guys are just jelly!

@OP, I do have concerns about getting into relationships with younger men, based mostly on the fact that if we're at different stages of life, we're going to have different expectations from it and from the relationship. Age doesn't necessarily imply maturity, but a woman in her late twenties who's been working for a few years is probably going to want very different things than say a college student.

If you find each other attractive and have similar goals and values, those factors aren't really a concern anymore. My own experience has been pretty positive on the whole. It really comes down to the individuals involved.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

*wants the op to respond to the questions posed*
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

It's a fashion promoted by feminists. So why not.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    now we're talkin'. details?
    OK. She was seperated from her guitar player/tech hubby, whom I knew from playing in bands and just knowing everybody in the scene. (Note: I was not 24 in HS!) He was a bad alcoholic, and she was sick of his shit, so she went for it with me , and I was amenable. She was smart and sexy, and I was happy it happened. I didn't think it was creepers at all and still don't. It didn't last very long, but it was fun.
    I have noticed a funny phenomenon: when an older woman says that she wants to set you up with her daughter, she's attracted to you herself. I've encountered this four times, from this teacher and women I've worked with.

violaine

Don't knock it 'til you try it. :-)

It's as big or little a deal as you want to make it. I think there's a lot going for such a match - that is, if you're compatible then there are a lot of positives when the woman is older. She's out on her own, has her own place and money, doesn't have her parents involved in her life in a way where they still make decisions for her or have expectations she must fulfill. She can be generally more certain of herself and able to live life on her own terms. I think it can be a really strong, positive match. There are challenges too. But every relationship has those.

It is a little weird that people are ok with an age gap where the guy is older, but tend towards horror if a woman is much older. Esp if her guy is hot. It just illustrates to me that people really subscribe to pretty traditional, conservative roles for the most part when it comes to the value and appeal of women and men.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I always find it interesting how easily people accept the older man with a younger woman, but get much more reaction when it is the woman who is older. Both of those dynamics are the same internally. The older woman with a younger man will experience more external criticism, so that could add more pressure to the relationship.

The extent of age difference is one significant issue as well as the actual individuals. I think when the two individuals look similar in age or act similarly, then people are more ready to accept it. There can be psychological issues involved like mentioned earlier, but it can also result from people whose thinking is not as influenced by external norms. Two people might have a strongly internal perspective and connect as individuals rather than as external labels of age, etc.

I've always been partnered with people close to my age, but the only real issue I see for others partnering with age differences is if one individual is so young they haven't finished developing into a mature adult, or when one partner is old enough to be too vulnerable to be an equal partner, so they could be exploited. There are cultural and maturity issues which would probably keep it from being the norm, but individual, personal choices should be respected as primarily hands-off for intrusion and criticism if it is consenting adults.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

ReflecTcelfeR

It comes down to want.