User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Art, high school. It could've been partially due to the fact that I had a repressed crush on my teacher. (he was fun, cute, completely insane, and he once drew an impromptu picture of me and confided to me that I was his favorite student, even though I was one of the quietest. hmm, Kinda creepy)
    But I think it was mainly due to the comfortable environment, the group critiques (why can't every class have that?), and the freedom to progress as much or as little as you wanted. Also, I'm pretty creative and it was a refreshing change from keyboarding or pre-calc or whatever happened to precede the class.

Oh oh, and printmaking might've been the best. Partially due to the incredible medium, partially due to my classmates. There were only two other students. One was Ron Gardenhire's daughter, incidentally. She was completely out of her mind but pretty amusing, might've been on something. Another was this awesome freshman who looked and talked exactly like Dr. Strangelove...except with a bowl haircut and an inexplicable obsession with tractors. He wasn't considered remotely popular or "cool", but I have no idea why. How does someone like that slip under everyone's radar? wtf is wrong with people.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Recess.
    hahaha. =)

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

My favorite class? uhmmmmmmmmm....*thinks*...Biology! My teacher was the best teacher ever! We did all kinds of fun projects in that class.

Also nutrition...I have no idea why but it absolutely fascinates me.

hmmmm...

and psychology too.

NOT ART THOUGH. I hated all my art classes. Despite the fact that I love drawing and painting when I have to do it, it sucks all the fun out of it.

MBTI
    INTP

7th Grade English - Very challenging. Teacher was tough (nick named Major) but turned out to be fair. Somewhat inspirational. Definitely slipped in life lessons/idealogies w/out moralizing. Besides drilling down into sentence structure and essay format, she really nutured (for lack of a better word) my writing ability, even though it'd be years before I'd decide to pursue it as a career. I don't know how but I never saw boxes or borders when writing from then on out. She'd actually end class 5 mins early to read aloud the latest thing I had written to the rest of the class. Oh! And how's this for coolest teacher EVAR - She actually left school during her break and free period to get Journey concert tickets when they first went on sale for me and a couple of classmates. At first we were right were the e.q. pit was so we got moved up to prolly 12th row. We ended up buying her a T-shirt in appreciation at the show.

Business Law - It was so interesting. I got to use a lot of different skillsets and even use my N&T in arguing my pov. I'm sure I took more than one law class but the first one I took my soph yr was the best. Totally fun. So many possibilities. Also seeing reasons behind laws or opinions was fascinating.

2D Design and Formal Logic

Great subjects + awesome teachers.
    Christ, what an imagination I've got!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would say that my favorite class was probably AP European History. It was more because of the atmosphere and the way everyone seemed to relate to each other, but I found the subject fascinating as well. I was too introverted to "get into it" and be good friends with the other students, but the teacher's unusual habit of encouraging class discussion about a topic and letting us share our prespectives, as well as the unique situation where the teacher had us meet at someone's house near time for the final exam (apparently she had gotten behind schedule with the review), resulted in me getting to know them better than I had any other group of people I'd met up to that point. I didn't manage to keep in touch with them for very long afterwards, being such a strong "I", but I probably won't forget them or the teacher. Let me put it this way... on the last day of class when we said goodbye to each other, most of us hugged and wished one another well. On the last day of every other class I've been in, I might well have just quickly shaken hands with and said goodbye to the people who sat next to me and wished the teacher a good summer on my way out.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think out of my 4 years of university so far, I enjoyed animal form and function back in second year the most, mainly because every single week was a dissection of something different, but also because I liked seeing how the different animal groups are related. A close second would be the third-year animal physiology, because I got to see the mechanisms for all the cool stuff animals do to live (ie how stuff works, the bio edition).

But I'm a bio geek anyway so that's hardly surprising.

MBTI
    ISTP

Programming, it is/was the perfect class for me. She teaches a little bit (maybe once every 2 weeks), but mostly, it's just working on assignments. No stupid unnecessary rules, like no "listening to music in class", or "You have to work only on programming all the time". She gives out assignments, and we work on them...if you have a problem, she'll look, and if it's something you should know, will make you at least try to figure it out, or will teach it to you if you don't know it. Want to take a day off? Go ahead, but it's your responsibility to have the work done when it's due.

What happened? It is possibly one of the only classes I've ever had where everyone liked it, everyone learned at their own pace, and everyone who put something into it, got something out of it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP

My all time favorite class was a class called "Art in poetry." It rocked! Basically, I got to sit there and write poetry about art.

MBTI
    GONE

Elementary School
    6th Grade - My teacher was a popular one and it was the last year before adolescence started. 'Nuff said. Hahahahahaha.

Highschool
    AP English and Language - I got to take it in the 10th grade b/c my 9th grade English teacher liked me. She really believed in my writing talent and I appreciated that, especially in the culture shock unhappy vortex that was highschool. A much needed outlet for me!

AP European History - My teacher was a Canuck jock and we spent 1/3 of the class just bs-ing about 'life' and bad things he had done as a teenager. BTW, did I tell you I'm a HUGE MEDIEVAL DORK??? I borrowed books on medieval warfare from the library for fun. I would have joined the SCA (society for creative anachronism) in a heartbeat if my friends would not have disowned me and I attended the reception for Medieval Studies minor in college...twice. I would write medieval fantasy short stories in elementary school and I LOOOOOOVED watching educational newsprograms on PBS about the middle ages and Renaissance. I would have read the text book even if it weren't required.

College
    Set Design - The teacher was European and a diva. Need I say more? Seriously though, an awesome SP kinda class. Hands on, very small just seven of us, we helped make sets he designed for school plays, I drafted my designs so poorly they were physically impossible and possibly in the 4th dimension, and I made a bust of my face that looked like motherflippin' Mao. I fell in love with welding and I got to operate a power saw. How much more butch can I get?

Film Theory - I LOVE BREAKING SHIT DOWN!! LOVE IT. I EAT ACADEMIC JOURNALS FOR BREAKFAST. (<---insert hysterical laughter here, no I don't but I can throw enough names around to distract you while I find my get academic away)

Queer Theory - You know I had to throw this one in for street cred. And yes, this was a real class you hater. My professor was a genius 'nnnkay? And I got to be her work study assistant. So much dense reading, mostly postcolonial and literary some feminist and yes, lots of Derrida and Fanon and Foucault. She would use big words we didn't understand. 1/2 the class was terrified of her and the other 1/2 wanted to sleep with her. Or both?

Realism (higher level Comp. Lit. course)- Just 5 of us, reading 1 novel every 3 weeks (well...some of us at least) like Pere Goriot and my favorite Madame Bovary. The teacher was also European and had us over for dinner at her house talking about life. I felt so adult. I LOVED WRITING PAPERS FOR THIS CLASS! (see above)

Video Production I - Discovered it too late, my senior year. Put a crew together and made a horror film in the creepy science building from 8pm-midnite that had babies in jars lined up in the hallway. So much fun all around. I got into Video/Film Production II in another school with the tape, so I couldn't have been making total crap I hope.

Japanese - I'd write something in anglicized Japanese but I've forgotten it all.

Korean Language and Literature - I liked my teacher and she liked me, a good mentor like relationship.

Post College/Vocational
    Screenwriting I - A real bonafide Hollywood writer teaching the class! Fun guy, good rapport, great teacher, dynamic class. Real advice and too much writing. :P My mental jump into a new career.

Real Estate Principles - Second and third sentence above, without the 'too much writing'.

Business Law - (Spartan, stop copying me!) I was born to litigate.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari