User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I swear to god that's a part of Scientology. Swear.
    HA! I can promise you he wasn't a Scientologist, just a complete and utter geek. The point was to explore how resources could be set up to self-sustain over time, ratios of predator vs. prey, ecosystem management, etc.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Hmm. In high school, Applicable Mathematics, not only because I was good at it, but the teacher was just lovely and warm and explained everything so wonderfully.

More recently, a class I took on German Translation. I enjoyed the subjectivity of it, and the class was basically just an organic discussion of possibilities and meanings. Interesting and enjoyable - if I wasn't studying architecture, I would seriously consider working as a translator.

And the Architectural Design Studio that I took last semester. The tutor we had was really great - nice (which is a huge relief compared to most tutors) and a little spacey - she'd go off on tangents which, although not directly related to what she was supposed to be telling us about, were nonetheless fascinating and informative. This studio really helped me with being absolutely sure that this was the course for me, and I feel like I learnt and developed as a designer a huge amount.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Writing II - I took this in high school. It taught me how to edit.

Sounds of Human Language
    - I learned how to create a phonemic statement of a language by eliciting words using the Swadesh list. It was awesome. It was a very tough class when I was in it, but I learned a lot.

Organized Crime Control - In law school, I took a class on law about the mob from an ex-NY prosecutor. That was fun. I found myself siding with the mob. We had a guest speaker, who was a mob defense lawyer, speak with the class. Fascinating stuff!

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

The best was the basics of Java Programming. And the reason why it was so good: because the teacher was the best I have ever had. And guess what? He is ENFP. I just when I found that out.

Most interesing subject that I have studiedwas of basics of social psychology and organizational psychology.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

College English Lit classes FTW. Nice female-to-male ratio.

Get thee to a nunnery . . .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Sounds of Human Language - I learned how to create a phonemic statement of a language by eliciting words using the Swadesh list. It was awesome. It was a very tough class when I was in it, but I learned a lot.
    Am I the only one who imagined a whole class taught by way of grunting?

*grunts and hits you with book*

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

The History of Technology - It was the single most hideously boring class I ever had to endure. I can find a lot of interest in just about any subject but this one was taught by a woman who didn't know ANYTHING about the history of technology and was dependent upon a deathly-dry text book printed by sadists who probably enjoyed pudding. Dr. S ended every single sentence with "And other technological advances...". I recall a befuddled hillbilly in the back of the room drawling, ".... what the hell IS this?...." through the dip in his cheek. If not for my ENTP friend, I would have deceased from boredom. He'd wink at me across the room, raise his hand, and wind Dr. S up with arbitrary questions like "I'm sorry, but I didn't get that last part. Could you please repeat the entire history of the cotton gin?" ... "Hey Dr. S, did you say Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock? I thought it was the Irish." ... "Could you, say, drive a threshing machine to the store if your mule broke down?"... "I'm fascinated by whatever that is you were just talking about..."

Math Basics - This was compulsory brush-up for all the mechanics just to be sure we had enough brains to add and subtract and fractionate-o-rate. Since I have numerical dyslexia, I was really dreading it because even basic stuff can whip me around in a tight circle. I was also dreading it because we had a professor who was 90 million years old, still lived with his mother, and looked like he was melting. He wore pants belted up around his chest with twine, made creepy sexist jokes, and lit the gas that emanated from his nether regions with a big box of matches that lived on his desk.

Good times. Good times.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Chemistry, Languages, Philosophy, in no order.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

In highschool: French. I wasn't too good at the language, but the teacher was brilliant in discussing French literature. Ironically, this brilliance showed in the fact that I never managed to read any French novel on my own
    In college: Experimental Dutch Poetry and sociolinguistics.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Comparative mythology comes in first place, mostly due to the professor, who was very interesting.

Cultural anthropology up next, as that class is just damn neat.