User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Is the world cold or am I emo ?

What is a healthy way to measure that for one self ? (except for testing how much pressure from razorblades your veins can withstand)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

MBTI
    yupp

depends on what perspective you're looking through.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

It could be both, of course. That doesn't make the outcome look better, but...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    depends on what perspective you're looking through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    It could be both, of course. That doesn't make the outcome look better, but...
    Its that my family, namely my Dad has a lot of issues. He's been a company owner for 30 years now and the ups and downs of the company always directly went back onto our family. My Dad is very unreflected, as in he is angry about one thing but then expresses that anger through another totally unimportant thing. He doesnt recognize in that process what he is doing. He is having a hard time at the moment again where he needs money from the bank, we have been having those times dozens of times the last couple of years. I basically have always been some sort of stability pact for my Dad. My youthful carefreeness and sunny nature have kept him alive. I have left my parents home tho now for quite some time and you start to notice now that I am missing. My Dad rejects to talk about real world things with me, like money, a new apartment or anything physical cause he's so loaded with his own problems. He mostly talks about abstract things with me like politics or soccer and thats kinda hurting me.

I know that I cant always be there for them and that their problems run much deeper than I could be the one to handle them forever, but I feel kinda obligated to them. My infp is more hard-pressed in that case, she says I am living my own life now and that I should face my parents with that and present them with some sort of ultimatum.

I am caught here between two opinions and havent made up my mind yet on what to do. Shall I give in to the emotional pressure of my parents and be there for them much more than I am now, partly giving up myself with that and probably risk my relationship. Or shall I be a man and be there for my new family knowing that my parents raised me and I am not responsible for them forever ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yes, you are not on this earth to be an emotional steam valve for your father. You have to realize you have value in and of yourself as well and take safeguards to protect your own emotional well being while exposing yourself to people/situations that can be a positive force in your life. Later on once they accept that the only way you will interact with them and reward them with your time and affection is if they respect your personhood then the dynamic will shift to a healthier one. Find a way to communicate this message to them directly without being hostile (out of anger, fear, resentment, or defensiveness). However, it is ok to be confrontational out of love.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Yes, you are not on this earth to be an emotional steam valve for your father. You have to realize you have value in and of yourself as well and take safeguards to protect your own emotional well being while exposing yourself to people/situations that can be a positive force in your life. Later on once they accept that the only way you will interact with them and reward them with your time and affection is if they respect your personhood then the dynamic will shift to a healthier one. Find a way to communicate this message to them directly without being hostile (out of anger, fear, resentment, or defensiveness). However, it is ok to be confrontational out of love.
    Well said.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Go through the scenarios: What happens if you do X, what happens if you do Y? Then choose whatever is less painful for you.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You are a strong, loving person, ent. Stay true to yourself.

<3,

~A
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

It's cold but with the good outlook, 1 good thing is worth 100 bad ones. Are you an INFP? Check your Fi and you'll be alright.