User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It is the assignments, actually. She had four assignments to do and turned in one. Hence the F. The art teacher is going to let her turn them in late, I think.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    It is the assignments, actually. She had four assignments to do and turned in one. Hence the F. The art teacher is going to let her turn them in late, I think.
    Ah. I think I misunderstood this sentence:

Art class doesnt even HAVE HOMEWORK.
    I think I thought Assignments = Homework. So these are all in-class assignments that she's not turning in? What is she even doing during class?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You know, I'm not really sure. I never had homework from art but I did see her do one of her assignments at home. Which was apparently the only one she turned in. I assumed you have time in class.

Her excuse was that she lost her "book" (drawing book?) and couldn't do the assignments. My guess is she wasn't bringing it to class so didn't do any of it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Is she just bored to tears?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah she pretty much hates school. Well, she got the helper award for a great attitude, actually. She likes helping the teachers. One of the teachers trusts her so much she sent my daughter to the teacher's lounge and had her put the "fill in the dot" test into the machine for her. She loves the social aspect.

When I was in college my step mom said to me "School just isn't for you." It was so true. It's not built for people like my daughter and I.

It's not that she's so smart she's bored, it's that it holds no interest.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I failed art because I read books instead during class and talked people up, being the class clown lol.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well that's good to know :P

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I just asked my son what would have made school "better" for him. (yep, he lives at home atm, he's getting ready for work right now, and talking to me about the construction of the pyramids in Egypt).

He said, "School should have had 100% less homework and been 100% more interesting."

He went to class all the time btw, right up until his last year of high school and could sign himself out. He just ... loved to learn stuff, still does, and hated to put anything on paper. Hard to reconcile that within the existing school system.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yeah she pretty much hates school. Well, she got the helper award for a great attitude, actually. She likes helping the teachers. One of the teachers trusts her so much she sent my daughter to the teacher's lounge and had her put the "fill in the dot" test into the machine for her. She loves the social aspect.

When I was in college my step mom said to me "School just isn't for you." It was so true. It's not built for people like my daughter and I.

It's not that she's so smart she's bored, it's that it holds no interest.
    Ugh, i was terrible at secondary school (think that could be middle school?), i thought most of the teachers were idiots who didn't allow free thinkers any space. It was just so...you listen, you repeat, you learn. And all with dire meaningless monotony. However i did exceptionally well in any classes i had with interesting teachers...for example my Spanish teacher used to teach us about all the different Hispanic countries...their traditions, thier history, literature, art,culture...as well as the language itself. Plus he was really quirky.
    Interestingly though i did love art in the general, the art teacher and the classes themselves were both awful... i got an F too. I dropped out of school when i was 14/15 without having taken any exams... then i went to college when i was 18, chose topics i enjoyed and got straight A's (i did have the advantage of age by that time though) but it wasn't so much about that as the difference in attitude between school teachers and college teachers.
    I went to uni later, much later, but didn't compete the degree, I am now thinking of doing science degree with the OU though.
    Sorry that was much longer than i meant it to be. I think i agree with what you said...school just isn't for everyone. It needs to change...the whole system.

EDIT: I think secondary is equivalent to high school
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Maybe I shouldn't have children after all
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.