User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default When did you realize that you just another nobody in a sea full nobodies?

It's a sad time in life when you realize you're not special or gifted, that your destiny is that of every other person's, death, and in the meantime all everyone else is doing is trying to come to terms with this realization.

It's a sad time in life when you realize you're a nobody, and even if others say you have some kind of value it means nothing because you know they have no idea what they are talking about.

You go through the day looking around at everyone going about whatever it is they are going about, acting as if their actions have some sort of meaning. You wonder how people cope with the ludicrousness that is existence. You see someone smile and you don't know whether to smile with them or at them..for their happiness is both deeply flawed and wonderfully comforting.

You grow up thinking you'll be an amazing person....that you'll achieve great things. Then you grow up and realize that you're just another nobody in a sea full of nobodies.

It happened to me a couple years ago. For some reason, I continue to exist. It bewilders me too.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Another way to experience the same thing is to realize everybody is special and beautiful and deserving of love
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    It's a sad time in life when you realize you're not special or gifted, that your destiny is that of every other person's, death, and in the meantime all everyone else is doing is trying to come to terms with this realization.

It's a sad time in life when you realize you're a nobody, and even if others say you have some kind of value it means nothing because you know they have no idea what they are talking about.

You go through the day looking around at everyone going about whatever it is they are going about, acting as if their actions have some sort of meaning. You wonder how people cope with the ludicrousness that is existence. You see someone smile and you don't know whether to smile with them or at them..for their happiness is both deeply flawed and wonderfully comforting.

You grow up thinking you'll be an amazing person....that you'll achieve great things. Then you grow up and realize that you're just another nobody in a sea full of nobodies.

It happened to me a couple years ago. For some reason, I continue to exist. It bewilders me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Another way to experience the same thing is to realize everybody is special and beautiful and deserving of love
    Tru dat. It's the beginning of a whole new jorney.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I will not make a Kingdom Hearts joke.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    You will break eventually.

Back on the original topic though.

I sort of got to that point just after high school ended for me.

This quote, from the movie "The Weather Man," would fit in nicely with this topic:

I remember once imagining what my life would be like, what I'd be like. I pictured having all these qualities, strong positive qualities that people could pick up on from across the room. But as time passed, few ever became any qualities that I actually had. And all the possibilities I faced and the sorts of people I could be, all of them got reduced every year to fewer and fewer. Until finally they got reduced to one, to who I am. And that's who I am, the weather man.

- Dave Spritz
    I'm sure everyone is aware of this at some point in their lives, to varying degrees at least. We all try to cope, one way or another. I can't fault anyone for their attempts to find meaning or stay optimistic. It's like walking across a bridge overlooking a large body of water. You continue walking, keeping your mind on things you need to do, goals, errands, etc. But as soon as you avert your eyes from your goals, you start to notice how high you are, how you pale in comparison to the big blue below. If you can't find a way to keep moving or distract yourself, you might get dizzy and fall to your death.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I think the reality is somewhere in between these two perspectives. Regardless of what I do, someone will do it better. After all, what are the odds that I'm better than all 7 billion+ people in the planet regarding something? Practically nil. Most of the things I've thought about things that I felt were unique weren't really so.

On the other hand, no one on the planet is as good at being me than me if that makes any sense. No one has exactly the same combination of strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes and quirks. When you look at it that way, you are special.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Good times.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

its not a sad thing! -.-
    with realization, you gain neutrality on yourself, ego becomes useless concept, something which no longer blinds you that heavy.

i have and always will have high drive for becoming more, but now i understand to truly be more all i have to do is realize what i am to shape it in the form i prefer to live my life as.

oh and to answer your question.. hm, when i became a jedi. but to be honest, on deep level i havent still understood it, even though in what we perceive as information, on that level i do. i suppose its not that hard to train the life time sense of urgency to achieve into suddenly off, into accepting what is.

intelligence on itself has no purpose, it dies off if you dont feed it an illusion. but by understanding this, you can shape the illusion yourself.. and if it helps you feel any better, all intelligence, even if alien, extraterristrial, lives under illusion, no intelligence can do without.
    so better make the illusion worthwhile.
    although it too is an illusion when you believe your shaping it yourself, its just another pre-programmed machine operating operating system you desperately try to change, and to some extense you can.

the way i view existence: insert a random mass, insert rules, see what happens.
    well, we ended up with.. something we call an universe, with mud planets that give a rise to creatures made of mud, us. we are a product of conditions, and no matter what shape intelligence takes, it will always be under illusions and thus its origins bear no significance to it even if the existence wasnt mud but rather you were the existence. intelligence is intelligence, its under illusions, either live with it or dont, its not like it made any significance what choice you make. but since something exists experiencing what we call consciousness, im that something, i might just as well try and see if this something is worthwhile. i might look into my mind, and ask myself question: who or what is causing these auditory thoughts? i come to the conclusion, that what we call i is the packet organizer, the one who makes information stored inside my head (language) into representing a deeper mute thought so as for that what they call "me" to understand. if nothing else comes from this understanding, at least its fun. although i refuse to accept me as my identity, just cause the me part cant understand deeper without having a translation doesnt mean that which is understood is in control, cause it simply is not.

thus scientifically speaking, i identify short memory as my identity, since ultimately it has the most control over actions of this entity. (since it controls all of the information packets of data which flow in your mind, the ultimate relay.)
    my long term memory, is dusty. havent visited the library that many times in past years. in a sense, always busy writing new books into my library to even ever read them. isnt that a significant life =O?
    well, you can perceive life however you want, but it is possible to live without significance factor. althought that'd be a lie as there will always be an illusion of significance even if you cant see it. (im trying to live by the illusion of self understanding having a significance so as to shape your life enjoyment by your own will to what you want. and what more fun to study what that said will even is! its quite elusive, makes hunting it fun.)

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Erm, I'm not sure if I've had an issue with this, I dont think I had an inflated or inaccurate sense of my own importance or anything to begin with. If anything Northern Ireland culture and schools do the opposite, sandel people with doubts and low expectations and diminsh ambition and dreams to next to nothing.

I've had crisis' about my own mortality, perhaps the last year or the year before that were the most striking, although it didnt depress me too much and it wasnt as a reality check or anything. It was sort of related to doubts and fears I had about religion and theism, ironically at a time when I would say that theism was, if not making a come back was not weakening or disappearing culturally as it stouted opponents would hope to be the case.

Although I'd question in what sense anyone is a nobody, most people are somebody to someone, I'd even suggest that the great men and women in history probably did not think of themselves as such, the megalomaniacs and tyrants are the exception and everyone knows their fate.