User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    It's a sad time in life when you realize you're not special or gifted, that your destiny is that of every other person's, death, and in the meantime all everyone else is doing is trying to come to terms with this realization.

It's a sad time in life when you realize you're a nobody, and even if others say you have some kind of value it means nothing because you know they have no idea what they are talking about.

You go through the day looking around at everyone going about whatever it is they are going about, acting as if their actions have some sort of meaning. You wonder how people cope with the ludicrousness that is existence. You see someone smile and you don't know whether to smile with them or at them..for their happiness is both deeply flawed and wonderfully comforting.

You grow up thinking you'll be an amazing person....that you'll achieve great things. Then you grow up and realize that you're just another nobody in a sea full of nobodies.

It happened to me a couple years ago. For some reason, I continue to exist. It bewilders me too.
    It's not terrible, when you realize the "competition" is much weaker than anticipated. Easier, in some sense, to reach your goals with only "nobodies" standing in your way.

This is even more true as you talk less about social existence and more about physical/spiritual existence, I think. In that sense, it's much easier to define things on your own terms.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I had a similar realization to that of the OP, during a darker moment this past year -- somewhere along the lines of "We are all tiny ants on a tiny ant mound, doing pointless shit that doesn't matter on a cosmic scale" -- and I'm still trying to cope with that. But I like the attitude in the more positive posts on this thread -- including yours, bologna, and also that of @UniqueMixture.
    i think its easier to assume the fact nothing matters the way we humans have came to view value as. nothing has value, therefore either make the best out of everything or nothing at all just for the sake of it itself.

if i am to live, i might as well live it the best way possible available.

its funny, intelligence can exist only thanks to its own self destructive <-> constructive illusions, and to add into that mess 16 primary personality variations, 16 messed up variations and those who havent made their existential reasoning yet.

what im coming at with that, its interesting to observe how we humans are tangled up in our own minds by our own minds and the inevitable assumptions our minds have to make to operate our bodies only tangle it all up further.
    and then there is our need for survival and short span of life to figure all the problems. then you die, and your wisdom disappears with you for others to figure out all the same things only to die and leave a confusing world behind for the next to come.

i think for a starting specie, we should remove every concept of spirituality, philosophy, happiness, religions and other world views to study such with scientific methods like any else for utmost clarity focus to destroy all these illusions we humans have set upon ourselves.

its no wonder why we are all so tangled up with this excessive amount of illusions spread from within and outside. (referring to the self deluding nature every personality causes due the paradox required for time lasting intelligence.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

I haven't realized that yet. I'm still selfishly oblivious and too young to realize the world doesn't revolve around me :P

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Why need to be amazing and a somebody? Why not just have a splendid fucking time being a nobody?

I don't think I ever distinguished myself between some body and no body. I am more of a one body connected to a whole body, and I find that connection pretty rad.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    It's a sad time in life when you realize you're not special or gifted, that your destiny is that of every other person's, death, and in the meantime all everyone else is doing is trying to come to terms with this realization.

It's a sad time in life when you realize you're a nobody, and even if others say you have some kind of value it means nothing because you know they have no idea what they are talking about.

You go through the day looking around at everyone going about whatever it is they are going about, acting as if their actions have some sort of meaning. You wonder how people cope with the ludicrousness that is existence. You see someone smile and you don't know whether to smile with them or at them..for their happiness is both deeply flawed and wonderfully comforting.

You grow up thinking you'll be an amazing person....that you'll achieve great things. Then you grow up and realize that you're just another nobody in a sea full of nobodies.

It happened to me a couple years ago. For some reason, I continue to exist. It bewilders me too.
    What would you want to achieve, and why can't you achieve it? How do you define whether a person is 'nobody' or 'somebody'?

If you strive for something, you go after it, you learn, you improve. You make mistakes, you get beaten down, you get back up and learn from them and do better. The choice is yours.

When you live life without engaging your environment and trying to see how it can make you better, you will remain a nobody.

Maybe you need to go for a walk in a forest, or something. Gain some perspective. There is more to life than pavement.

Permabanned

So far the reactions seem to be either blind denial or resigned acceptance.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What? But I am a special little snowflake
    Seriously though, staring up up the sky on a cold desert night, reminds me of how insignificant I am. Not in a bad way. In an awe inspiring, I'm a little speck of dust in a huge universe, kinda way. It has a beauty to it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Huh, I'm not nobody. I'm me. I'm certainly not insignificant to myself. The Universe seems to have enough regard of me to allow me to exist for a short time at astronomical odds. I feel pretty good about it.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I'm a nobody in a sea full of somebodies. Therefore, I'm special!
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm terribly special. You'll see.