First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

All you have to do to be a somebody is to not chain yourself to the stupid multitudes.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    It's a sad time in life when you realize you're not special or gifted, that your destiny is that of every other person's, death, and in the meantime all everyone else is doing is trying to come to terms with this realization.

It's a sad time in life when you realize you're a nobody, and even if others say you have some kind of value it means nothing because you know they have no idea what they are talking about.

You go through the day looking around at everyone going about whatever it is they are going about, acting as if their actions have some sort of meaning. You wonder how people cope with the ludicrousness that is existence. You see someone smile and you don't know whether to smile with them or at them..for their happiness is both deeply flawed and wonderfully comforting.

You grow up thinking you'll be an amazing person....that you'll achieve great things. Then you grow up and realize that you're just another nobody in a sea full of nobodies.

It happened to me a couple years ago. For some reason, I continue to exist. It bewilders me too.
    Seriously. I feel so sorry for you. Your life must be a daily effort of existence. Why don't you just start loving yourself, do whatever makes you happy, try and achieve whatever you want and enjoy life. Or go out, get drunk and get laid.

Anyone who sits around feeling like a nobody and waiting for death is a bit of a sad case.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

When did you realize that you just another nobody in a sea full nobodies?
    I didn't.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

PS. I am fucking special.

MBTI
    ISTx

Existential breakdown. It is a realization we must all deal with and cope with. The key is to find the things in life that you are passionate about, and pursue them. No need for grandiose thinking. We're not all made to be kings. Love your family, love your close friends and keep them tight. You will matter to some, but not to everyone. Enjoy the undeniable beauty found in life around you. There's plenty to enjoy and learn in life, but its up to the individual to determine the value of that.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I like existential angst though, makes for interesting reading, it and reading about it are good for the breaks between adventures and high times

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Existential breakdown. It is a realization we must all deal with and cope with. The key is to find the things in life that you are passionate about, and pursue them. No need for grandiose thinking. We're not all made to be kings. Love your family, love your close friends and keep them tight. You will matter to some, but not to everyone. Enjoy the undeniable beauty found in life around you. There's plenty to enjoy and learn in life, but its up to the individual to determine the value of that.
    Good post. And the bolded is important: you may be "nobody" to most of the world, but you can still be very important indeed to a smaller number of people. And the fact that billions of people don't know who you are doesn't erase that fact. There's a saying that goes, "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you can be the world." I don't use it much because it sounds to Hallmark-y and I can't totally get behind it, 'cause I don't think anyone should see any one person as their entire world, but you get the idea.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Seriously. I feel so sorry for you. Your life must be a daily effort of existence. Why don't you just start loving yourself, do whatever makes you happy, try and achieve whatever you want and enjoy life. Or go out, get drunk and get laid.

Anyone who sits around feeling like a nobody and waiting for death is a bit of a sad case.
    My life is a daily effort of existence. I always have an out.

Getting drunk and laid isn't as fulfilling as it used to be. Not that it isn't fun..it is. My problem is more not knowing what I want to achieve and watching the options slowly deplete as life passes. It isn't as bad as it seems though, perhaps the limited options bring me closer to whatever it is I'll achieve...almost necessarily.

I like my life. I lead a very interesting one...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I never did realize I was just another nobody in a sea of nobodies, and for that reason, I never became one. My failure to realize that truth was more a matter of choice than accident, and it can be a matter of choice for you, as well. I will go so far as to recommend that, in order to cure yourself of these nihilistic thoughts, you convince yourself, on a regular basis, that you have an unprecedented destiny to fulfill. At first it may feel awkward, but eventually it's bound to be become natural, as all things do in time if you keep at them. I, for instance, will quite effortlessly find myself supposing, as I walk through the grocery store, that I was placed on this planet by an otherworldly entity in order to fulfill a destiny so grand that I can't even imagine it very well. There's nothing to keep you from doing the same, and I'll point out, as well, that, coincidence or not, the people who expect little of themselves generally achieve just that. Those who have achieved great things have generally felt that they were up to something important, and that it was up to them to accomplish it.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

when i went on unemployment. then, came off it in an insolvent bureaucratic job
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?