User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default today i was shocked, get ready to you too be

well, i was chatting in iscribble, writing like this:

Vilku: ah guess some ponies do it backwards, or maybeh ma ways aahh joost faen! noeps, there arent good horroh movees, as thaeh poses complexity witnessed in tv shoehs directed at 2 year oldhs!
    Vilku: WHAT!!? boring is the most deadly ofh all feelings! somehtin aeh havent felt for yeahs!
    Vilku: orh.. would moost laekely just withrdahv back intoh mah head if a shohw is boringh, like aeh did with supernatural just last taem ah ate!

but then, it came as a grest shock, someone had trouble understanding this, even thouhg its allah written in super easeh to read mannah. i mean, LOLHUW? ='[

ive never had problems, not a single one, even at reading F grade most typologically written stuff on the interwebs, and i can navigate my way 95% on russian sites yet i never studied the language nor spoke.

its just, how can others not see things, is it, they allow themselves to get lazy by demanding everything done perfect to them, for, which i developed my wikipedia reflex. writing like they do on wikipedia, something ive red plenty as a child, and still, involuntarily sometimes slipping into writing in horribly annoyingly accurate manner.. that kind of accyraccy destroys social relationships!

people either complain im like wikipedia/thesaurus and when not that, they just cant understand a thing!

what causes these inabilities people poses, is it, people dont bother learning languages the natural (no ictionary assistance) way, anymore? and that ultimately makes their deciphering skills either very strict or inexistent?

but yeah, im wholly serious wiht mah threadh, contrary to my mood! =)

and your hearing this from a person who uses dyslexia fonts to read, and has only 7 fingers not broken. i also read every second line backwards, to double the speed.
    well, you dont think i have four secods to witness the effort you wasteh? noeps, ah rathah read faev times more content than just wohn slohh raeid.

(re reading my text i spotted one funeh thing, grest, if youd write grest shock and pronounce it with a male scottish language voice, sounds funeeh! =) "GRRe'st ZOK!!!" laeks thath. GRRRRR'est! ZHOCK! xD, yehh, this SUCH a grrest shock to miehh! suzh, unbear'r'rable grrest zhock!! >=| )

EDIT in a dramatic french voice: unbearrable! (wish you could hear my voice acting ='( )

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If it makes you feel any better, I understood what you wrote. But I was also a foreign language major for a semester, ended up minoring in French, and have also tried to learn a little Russian and Spanish. I majored in English Literature and when people expect everyone else to speak perfect English I want to beat them senseless.

HOWEVER, I think the reasoning for this is that many Americans don't even read or write their own language well, so they get all snotty when they are the percentage of the population who CAN read and spell and write grammatically ...it's understandable because what they're frustrated with is other Americans who can't speak their own language. On the other hand, if they would just learn ONE other language, they would be more sympathetic to the feeling of not being able to write or speak perfectly, and then wouldn't act like such dickheads to people who don't have English as their mother tongue.

I think native English speakers - Americans in particular - are THE WORST. I could be wrong, though, that's just my experience.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Were you doing a voice in your head when you were scwiblin? It only counts if you did.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You also should probably take into account that everyone doesn't learn languages equally well. Some people have poor language acquisition, but excellent math skills (mine are terrible).

In fact those of us more comfortable with language may actually be more likely to be all like "Ah ehm in teh slam shed" ...I honestly think that people who are good with language probably find Intertardz speak and other slang-y variations of language amusing.

People who are really insecure may be more likely to be pedantic. I encountered on this web site a woman who seems to have trouble expressing herself clearly say more than once "you have poor reading comprehension!" just because I didn't interpret what she wrote the way she meant it, or because I didn't respond in the way she expected. I made a perfect score on reading comprehension on the ACT when I entered college, and maintained an 3.9 GPA as an English Lit major, so I really don't think *my* comprehension is the problem...but people like her are big on correcting others, even though they're the type that are sadly sadly the ones with poor reading comprehension ...this daft bitch can be tricked by "big words" when the content of the paragraph is as empty as Christ's tomb.

Sorry, she really bugs me.

Anyway, yeah...I suck at math. So...it's not always a good idea to pick on people who don't have language as their strongest skill, either.

Also, some of us are better auditory learners, so it's easier for us to not only have precise word recognition, but also easily sound things out, or pick up other people's pronunciation and accents. If you have both - verbal and auditory, which I suspect you do - then this will give you a huge, huge advantage over people with different kinds of intelligence.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Uhm, okay, so you're good with languages and some others aren't...next?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

figsfiggyfigs

Are you high?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

today i was shocked, get ready to you too be

done
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Are you high?
    This.^

Also, when someone is writing silly speak and you aren't interested in what they are writing why take time to decipher their ramblings. Which is what I would consider the OP

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    This.^

Also, when someone is writing silly speak and you aren't interested in what they are writing why take time to decipher their ramblings. Which is what I would consider the OP
    This.

I may have been shocked if I understood the message, but I don't know if I did. I think that the message that nobody understands the OP. But that's not particularly shocking, given its delivery, so maybe I misunderstood the message.

(If it isn't crystal-clear, I'm being sarcastic about the OP writing in an indecipherable style about frustrations with indecipherability.)

On one hand, it can be frustrating trying to get your thoughts and ideas across to people in a meaningful and understandable way. On the other hand, if other people constantly misunderstand you, all the time, then it's more reasonable for you to adjust your communication style than to expect the entire world to bend to yours.

It's lazy for people to not attempt to understand a speaker, sure, but it's also lazy for a speaker to vomit thoughts out there without regard to his audience. If you give a damn about being heard or understood at all, it helps to assume that most of the burden is on you to communicate your message effectively.