User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Introverts and Extraverts Explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXBFnqu8VxE

I submitted a introvert vs extravert video on youtube. Watch it if you want, and I would love some critique and feedback

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, if not just let me know!

How do you guys spot introverts or extraverts? Are there any specific body movements/posture/behavior that you look for (besides just the obvious)?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I like the hand motions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Weird I totally thought INTP when I was watching your video...and lo and behold I look at your user name and type, and you're an INTP.

I know an old man who is like that dude who talks to everyone all day long extrovert. I think the most interesting part of your video is where you say that extroverts will go physically toward people (or stay neutral) and introverts will physically draw back a little.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I like how you mention multiple factors contributing, looking at the big picture.

The battery thing "way energy is taken" has always been a difficult way to reference myself. I tend to score middle ground on dichotomy tests but quite a bit more extroverted on cog functions. This is because behaviorally my battery responds almost equally. Alone a little too long and I must get external stimuli. With people too long and I must get away to think. I almost always approach people if there is an option to, frequently open discussion, but also stay in a neutral zone or step back while interacting. (I think i do this to have a better view of full body communication? and am also hyper aware of peoples "comfort zone" or space. ) So my big picture is rather contradictory, and I have settled on extroversion for now based on tertiary and inferior functions.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I like the hand motions.
    Haha yeah, I get into those, in every day conversation too!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Weird I totally thought INTP when I was watching your video...and lo and behold I look at your user name and type, and you're an INTP.

I know an old man who is like that dude who talks to everyone all day long extrovert. I think the most interesting part of your video is where you say that extroverts will go physically toward people (or stay neutral) and introverts will physically draw back a little.
    Yeah, after awhile you start noticing communication patterns in types. I think INTPs' communication isn't too hard to spot.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I like how you mention multiple factors contributing, looking at the big picture.

The battery thing "way energy is taken" has always been a difficult way to reference myself. I tend to score middle ground on dichotomy tests but quite a bit more extroverted on cog functions. This is because behaviorally my battery responds almost equally. Alone a little too long and I must get external stimuli. With people too long and I must get away to think. I almost always approach people if there is an option to, frequently open discussion, but also stay in a neutral zone or step back while interacting. (I think i do this to have a better view of full body communication? and am also hyper aware of peoples "comfort zone" or space. ) So my big picture is rather contradictory, and I have settled on extroversion for now based on tertiary and inferior functions.
    Right, when going by the four preferences alone, I tend to get confused. Really, the best path to understanding MBTI is understanding the cognitive functions.

I'm going to be doing videos on those once I cover the preferences.

Glycerine

Another thing i noticed. Unless the person has ADD with hyperactivity, introverts overall seem more even keel (the energy is self-contained) while extroverts seem more reactive and exude energy more steadily.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Another thing i noticed. Unless the person has ADD with hyperactivity, introverts overall seem more even keel (the energy is self-contained) while extroverts seem more reactive and exude energy more steadily.
    Yeah I agree, this is especially noticeable when contrasting ExxPs and IxxJs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    and if they have ADD...?