User Tag List

123 Last

Default Does anyone get really pissed off over hearing stupid or inattentive discussions?

I mean in real life, I totally hate passive aggressive dialogue or discussion when I hear it in real life, between anyone, stranger, friends, family, when one person has said something and then repeats it, then says it again, then something similar, then allaudes to the earlier incident/conversation, then does so again. I hate that shit, I absolutely do.

Although equally I hate it when someone tries to make conversation with someone who is obviously busy, or engaged with someone else in conversation, or is watching something attentively or reading atttentively. It is such a serious mindfulness fail that it actually gets me wound up, I dont even always have to be on the receiving end of it myself personally, sometimes, if its a friend or family member, I'll stop what I'm doing, set it aside, point it out to them what they have done, ask them why they have done it, ask if they'd be inclined to do it again. Although without fail it will be repeated.

I also hate people asking really stupid or obvious questions, such as when someone says something, giving precise or specific details, and then the other person repeats what they have said as a question or asks the same question once again and has what has been said to them repeated three or four times. It belys some seriously deficit concentration, listening, attention and recall skills.

When someone appears totally dumb founded when they are asked about something which they know or should know the answer to, that pisses me off too, so if someone has had a conversation with me about a film or book or something, I walk away from then and in a short space of time or even a day or two later when I ask them about it they've no idea what I'm talking about. Perhaps they'll have a minor eureka moment after a while when it comes into their head again.

Communications fails really piss me off. If they happened once or twice but that individual appeared to really learn from it and move on it would be fine. Most of the time they learn the wrong lesson or learn nothing at all or dont appear to be that reflective on their day, themselves or anything that's taken place recently or over the longer term.

The other thing I'll say, although its perhaps another topic, I hate the fact that when people learn this sort of communications fail is vexatious to you that they will deliberately behave that way.

*deletes long meta-post*

...uuuuuhhhhhh...how much of this do you think is due to projection and how much do you think is due to your own added ignorance of not understanding other people fully?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

I totally hate

I hate

I also hate

I hate
    I often wonder how people can harbor that much hatred without imploding.

Glycerine

Well, I ask seemingly dumb questions like in the OP to verify things and double check I have heard the person right. Hah!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I mean in real life, I totally hate passive aggressive dialogue or discussion when I hear it in real life, between anyone, stranger, friends, family, when one person has said something and then repeats it, then says it again, then something similar, then allaudes to the earlier incident/conversation, then does so again. I hate that shit, I absolutely do.
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but it frustrates me when I find myself in conversations when people make the same point over and over. My feeling is that if you have to start a sentence with the words "like I said," you do not need to say that sentence.

Although equally I hate it when someone tries to make conversation with someone who is obviously busy, or engaged with someone else in conversation, or is watching something attentively or reading atttentively. It is such a serious mindfulness fail that it actually gets me wound up, I dont even always have to be on the receiving end of it myself personally, sometimes, if its a friend or family member, I'll stop what I'm doing, set it aside, point it out to them what they have done, ask them why they have done it, ask if they'd be inclined to do it again. Although without fail it will be repeated.
    I don't like this either. Especially when you're obviously in conversation with someone else, but busy/concentrating on something else is annoying too.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

Does anyone get really pissed off over hearing stupid or inattentive discussions?
    Absolutely.

That's why I had Lark on ignore for over a year now.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Not so much anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I also hate people asking really stupid or obvious questions, such as when someone says something, giving precise or specific details, and then the other person repeats what they have said as a question or asks the same question once again and has what has been said to them repeated three or four times.
    Funny you should mention this. I have never had this happen before running into this one person the last couple of months. It was always in a group situation. My reaction was - uh yeah - thats what I've been talking about for the last five minutes. I wondered if he was slow because that is what it made him look like. I explained to him what he was doing and how it made him come across. I think maybe it was his way of trying to interject into a conversation? He was totally fine in a one on one discussion and i discovered he was not slow like I first thought.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I don't really care what other people talk about to other people. If I'm frustrated with the conversation, I'll make a polite excuse to get out of the situation.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I don't really care what other people talk about to other people. If I'm frustrated with the conversation, I'll make a polite excuse to get out of the situation.
    ... or activate my robot hand which repeats saying: "talk to me. talk to me"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]