User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is not really a discussion of "other psychology topics," it really belongs in The Bonfire or in Personal Threads (since it's essentially a bitch thread generated by a member's personal gripe).

(And if I have to complain about something, I hate it when people try to give legitimacy to personal bitching by putting them in a serious forum.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This is not really a discussion of "other psychology topics," it really belongs in The Bonfire or in Personal Threads (since it's essentially a bitch thread generated by a member's personal gripe).

(And if I have to complain about something, I hate it when people try to give legitimacy to personal bitching by putting them in a serious forum.)
    I don't know why this thread wasn't moved yesterday. Yet if I tell a mod I might be accused of spamming them.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Absolutely.

That's why I had Lark on ignore for over a year now.
    You know what sucks? When you think you're being smart only to discover no one cares or notices your posts.

That sucks and you're the mayor of sucks town, capital of sucksville.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Its not about any personal complaint or forum members, its about communication styles and communication fails, the underlying psychology of the same.

What do you think an ex-moderator trying to control the content of subforums or simply failing to ignore the ones they dont like is about?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

If it's any comfort, Lark, I know exactly what you're talking about, and yes, it pisses me off no end, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    *deletes long meta-post*

...uuuuuhhhhhh...how much of this do you think is due to projection and how much do you think is due to your own added ignorance of not understanding other people fully?
    I dont think its to do with either, at least I understand projection as attributing unconscious flaws in the self onto others, although perhaps that is the projection of the shadow, in the Jungian sense, and too narrow an understanding of projection.

I do think there is a self regulation/co regulation of emotion dimension to this, this is just one sort of frustration with others I experience and seeking comparisons or context from others could be a form of co regulation.

On the other hand it could just be making conversation on psychology and social interaction :p

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I often wonder how people can harbor that much hatred without imploding.
    Jag, I wonder why you have to villify posters and play these protracted games as opposed to really contributing, well, anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but it frustrates me when I find myself in conversations when people make the same point over and over. My feeling is that if you have to start a sentence with the words "like I said," you do not need to say that sentence.

I don't like this either. Especially when you're obviously in conversation with someone else, but busy/concentrating on something else is annoying too.
    I'm really interested in the dynamics of introversion and extroversion with reference to this, whether communication and congruence in communication determines whether someone is or 'feels' they are extroverted or introverted or even if enough experiences of this leads to either the conditioning picked up in behaviourism or developmental patterning picked up in attachment theory

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I think the experience of communication fail contributes to a feeling of isolation, for sure. Whether that translates into introversion, I don't know.

We used to have a mail guy at work who would stop me in the middle of fast and furious typing while staring at the screen with furrowed brow, I mean, obviously very engaged in what I was writing, to ask me how I was. I complained to the mail room supervisor and asked that he not deliver on my floor anymore. He was eventually fired. The supervisor understood what I was saying, that the guy was doing this because he got a charge out of how much it annoyed me to be pulled off task so I could say "Fine, thank you," when all he needed to do was put the mail in my mailbox and keep moving. Co-workers drive me nuts with this kind of stuff, too. Interrupt me as they walk by so they can say something stupid like, "I'm cold! It's freezing in here."

The guy at the local Wendy's drives me crazy because I'll ask for the Cobb salad at the drive-through, and he says "WHAAAAT?!" like this is the most astonishing thing he's ever heard. COBB. SALAD. "Oh, you mean the bacon whatever whatever cobb salad?" Um ... there is only one cobb salad on the menu. I think we can safely assume that's the one I mean...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm really interested in the dynamics of introversion and extroversion with reference to this, whether communication and congruence in communication determines whether someone is or 'feels' they are extroverted or introverted or even if enough experiences of this leads to either the conditioning picked up in behaviourism or developmental patterning picked up in attachment theory
    I don't know... for the first part (making the same point over and over again), my impression is that extroverts don't mind repeating/reaffirming a point already made. I notice this a lot at work, and my spouse definitely does it. But for myself, if I've said something once and I'm relatively confident that people were listening, I don't see any reason to repeat it. I don't think this causes introversion, but I definitely think introverts might relate more to my experience than extroverts.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/