User Tag List

View Poll Results: will you use public restrooms?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • oh god no! :horor:

4 9.30%
  • in case of emergencies

14 32.56%
  • why not?

25 58.14%
123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default public restrooms- to go or not to go?

the man had to leave super early this morning for his business' regional conference 5 hours away... he accidentally overslept by an hour and was getting ready in a panic. I pointed out to him that he'd get there in no time because his clothes were already laid out and he said that wasn't the problem... the fact that he would have to shit before leaving for the day was a problem...

I asked why he didn't just go at breakfast, which is what they were meeting up for before taking off... and he asked "in a public restroom?!"

I'd forgotten... he's one of those people who just refuses to go in any public location... in his case because he's a germaphobe. I've always been a bit more practical in that approach... pick a location where you know that they have a regular cleaning schedule and stop by there... there's less of a chance that someone's pissed on the seat, so it's all good

do you refuse to go in public, or is anywhere fine with you?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Men's public toilets, at least in Brazil, are usually disgusting. Doing number 1 is fine, since I don't have to touch my butt anywhere, but number 2 is tough.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Let me turn that one on its head: depends if you're contagious.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Men's public toilets, at least in Brazil, are usually disgusting. Doing number 1 is fine, since I don't have to touch my butt anywhere, but number 2 is tough.
    the non-flushing toilet paper thing was what got me in Brazil...something about throwing it in trash cans always kind of creeped me out in a way

women's weren't that bad where I was though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It depends on which public bathrooms you're using. Chances are you can find a public bathroom somewhere that is usable. But it's true that some really suck.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I prefer to do most things in private. Dumping my droppings is certainly one of them. But if I have to choose between a public toilet and my pants, I naturally prefer to dump them in a toilet, too.

I voted in case of emergencies.

I'm kind of a germaphobe too though. Not too bad, but enough that I would treat even a clean looking toilet as a project in itself.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

it's only recently that I discovered a few people have problems with it. I'll avoid the worst ones if there's a better alternative nearby, but what else are you going to do, pee on the street?? most semi-public washrooms are as clean as my own bathroom anyway, since most places clean them multiple times a day.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The restroom could in shambles, reek of piss and shit, have stains on the walls, toilets that have never been cleaned, urinals with moldy stains, faulty sinks, graffiti, and even homeless people sleeping in there, and I would still use it to relieve myself.

I fear nothing.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Pretty much that, although I do kind of check if they have soap. Not all restrooms are that filthy, though - the local mall keeps 'em pretty clean.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the non-flushing toilet paper thing was what got me in Brazil...something about throwing it in trash cans always kind of creeped me out in a way

women's weren't that bad where I was though
    Doesn't it clog the pipes there?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).