User Tag List

View Poll Results: will you use public restrooms?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • oh god no! :horor:

4 9.30%
  • in case of emergencies

14 32.56%
  • why not?

25 58.14%
First 12345 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

I'll do it.

If I have to go, I should go, because if I don't go... When I want to go, I won't be able to go.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I prefer to do most things in private. Dumping my droppings is certainly one of them. But if I have to choose between a public toilet and my pants, I naturally prefer to dump them in a toilet, too.
    Should we assume your pants are a public place then

braggart
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Should we assume your pants are a public place then
    They are more public than my toilet at home.

I don't enjoy public restrooms, but I'll go if it's necessary. I have a good idea of which bathrooms at my college and in the immediate area around my house are cleanest. For example, 4th floor of the science building is ALWAYS clean. The only people using it are employees, but the second floor(busiest) has a permanent layer of wadded TP adhering to the floor and toilet seats with a suspicious-looking yellow glue.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Not if I can help it.

There's always piss on the toilet seat or paper on the floor or something, it makes me cringe.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

This is from the old days of the web, but it sums it up pretty efficiently.
    Ed Womack
    Get Milked

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the fear about them. I didn't know so many people were paranoid about them until read of people lining the toilet bowls with toilet paper to avoid contact, and I thought, "So that's what that's about".
    See, this is second nature to me. If I have to sit, I'll line the seat w/ toilet paper. Then it's a non-issue for me, no matter what the state of the restroom.

I rarely come across one that's all that disgusting though.
    Really? Pretty much every single public toilet restroom I go into has pee on the seat. There's no way in hell I'd consider NOT lining those things with TP!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i really don't mind unless it's super dirty and disgusting, but even then if i gotta go, i gotta go. i have to pee a lot and i'm not a germaphobe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    See, this is second nature to me. If I have to sit, I'll line the seat w/ toilet paper. Then it's a non-issue for me, no matter what the state of the restroom.

Really? Pretty much every single public toilet restroom I go into has pee on the seat. There's no way in hell I'd consider NOT lining those things with TP!!
    I only notice the occasional dribble, and even then I just...wipe it off and sit down. *looks around, wondering if that's supposed to be horrifying* Perhaps I'm just not that easily grossed out.

The dribbles are from people doing the hovering thing, so it seems to me if everyone would just stop being germophobic, everything would be fine. I suppose both these habits are things people learn growing up. My mother's much more focused on cleanliness, etc. than I am, but she never taught me I shouldn't sit on public toilet seats, so it never occurred to me to be squeamish about it.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I only notice the occasional dribble, and even then I just...wipe it off and sit down. *looks around, wondering if that's supposed to be horrifying* Perhaps I'm just not that easily grossed out.

The dribbles are from people doing the hovering thing, so it seems to me if everyone would just stop being germophobic, everything would be fine. I suppose both these habits are things people learn growing up. My mother's much more focused on cleanliness, etc. than I am, but she never taught me I shouldn't sit on public toilet seats, so it never occurred to me to be squeamish about it.
    Yeah, I don't really disagree with any of your points.

Re. how one is raised, my mom was always a very anxious, germophobe-y person - not to the extreme (she wasn't spraying lysol everywhere or going berserk in her own home), but I'm pretty sure she warned me about public restrooms & common areas, so I figure I must have picked it up somewhere (I feel like I have this very fuzzy memory of her holding me up over the seat in the public restroom when I was really little?) ... so I probably picked some things up from her, and then probably also have a bit of a natural disposition for it to boot. Dunno. I just know I'd rather just throw some TP on the seat than sit on it directly. ha!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ