User Tag List

View Poll Results: will you use public restrooms?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • oh god no! :horor:

4 9.30%
  • in case of emergencies

14 32.56%
  • why not?

25 58.14%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Dear person who feels compelled to shit on the floor in public restrooms,

Fuck you.

Sincerely,

UniqueMixture
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

am i being followed?
    Oh, its
    You

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Doesn't it clog the pipes there?
    nope... not that I've ever heard of... there aren't even trash cans in stalls here
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

If it's an emergency, I don't really care where I go but I prefer my own, very clean bathrooms. That said, we drive the west/east route in Michigan all the time and the rest stop bathrooms are extremely clean with super fast tornado force hand dryers. I like those.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I can use most rest rooms, I hate the ones in night clubs or pubs which have the lock bust on them and I can guarantee someone will try to get in while I'm using it. I would even use public toilets to take a dump, I know men who just use them and stand up and its less of a dilemma for them than ladies.

Although I dont like using urinals, especially if there's other people and they are fool enough to make the mistake of breaking man rules such as speaking at the urinals or acknowleding the prescence of others. Or being gay.

I wouldnt use some public toilets, unless it was severely dire need, just think of that scene in Train Spotting with the worst loo in Scotland. Also the shit holes which are frequented by junkies shooting up and real life trolls or hobos. I also cant urinate in woods or the countryside like I find lots of people I know can, male or female, or at least not without extreme difficulty. I've agonised over that before if I'm out walking or in woods and discover I have to use the toilet, I always know that where ever I choose to go, no matter how far into the woods I go or what tree I choose to go behind something stupid will happen like a troop of people on mountain bikes or a bus full of nuns or something will just pull up next to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Doesn't it clog the pipes there?
    Like you, I found it weird when I found out that in some places the correct thing is throwing the paper inside the toilet bowl. I read somewhere that our pipes are made too small for that...not sure why. Maybe stupidity, maybe ecological reasons. Perhaps a mix.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

figsfiggyfigs

If I can help not using one, I won't.
    I mean, I "levitate" to pee in public washrooms when I have no other choice.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I don't get the fear about them. I didn't know so many people were paranoid about them until read of people lining the toilet bowls with toilet paper to avoid contact, and I thought, "So that's what that's about".

I rarely come across one that's all that disgusting though.

And I had no idea that people didn't flush toilet paper in Brazil (or anywhere).

garbage

At work? Yeah, why not. At a baseball stadium or club? Pass.

If you needed any proof that humans are savage animals, visit a public restroom.

--
    Those Japanese squat toilets seem like they'd resolve some toilet seat anxiety. But then, they seem like they have other problems.

I don't think I could trust a bidet in a public restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    If I can help not using one, I won't.
    I mean, I "levitate" to pee in public washrooms when I have no other choice.
    This, pretty much.

I have a big bladder so it's not frequently an issue. My mom would get super pissed at me when I refused to go on long plane/train rides as a kid though. I've used public toilets and latrines when I really, really had to, and it's an experience I would prefer not to repeat unless strictly necessary.