User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Ick.

I think it's really disrespectful to Tupac. It's no different than Fred Astaire dancing in those vacuum cleaner commercials a few years ago. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    In all seriousness, though, I think it's disturbing and creepy to ''honor'' a dead man like that.
    Seems more like a tactic for others to capitalize on the fact that he's no longer alive.

garbage

I didn't realize what the big deal was until I remembered that Tupac was dead.

Oh.

see also

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Here's a video on how the hologram worked. Interestingly, it's a 2D image... which makes sense - used old footage, etc.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSYpZchFpI"]How it worked[/YOUTUBE]

this was a really cool performance ho i wished i had seen it live! i am a big fan of his music and this is such a great way to remember an artist who is very talented and gave a great contribution to music industry. i do hope that a lot of other artists can be remembered this way so that we will always remember how they really perform in the audience even though it is just a work of technology

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hate

This one goes out to Dre and that punk Snoop:

motherfuck Dre
    motherfuck Snoop

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7-SB6_ILfg"]177g[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by helisa View Post
    this was a really cool performance ho i wished i had seen it live! i am a big fan of his music and this is such a great way to remember an artist who is very talented and gave a great contribution to music industry. i do hope that a lot of other artists can be remembered this way so that we will always remember how they really perform in the audience even though it is just a work of technology
    I understand what you are saying but...

I actually think some of the reaction may be different if it was merely a holograph of a past performance...unaltered from start to finish...created solely for people to watch, appreciate and remember. <--- But like other members have stated...that is not what this is about. The artist is being made to 'do things' they would not have done in life...say things they would not have said in life...oh and believe it...there are some people out there that are seriously profiting. I'm just putting in my little bit here...that I too find this sick and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I understand what you are saying but...

I actually think some of the reaction may be different if it was merely a holograph of a past performance...unaltered from start to finish...created solely for people to watch, appreciate and remember. <--- But like other members have stated...that is not what this is about. The artist is being made to 'do things' they would not have done in life...say things they would not have said in life...oh and believe it...there are some people out there that are seriously profiting. I'm just putting in my little bit here...that I too find this sick and wrong.
    This is a good point. If it's, say, a holographic presentation of a past performance, it's a great tribute. If it's updating someone's image to fit with the times or with modern stars, or to make them do things that they wouldn't do, then their corpses and memories are marionettes.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This is a good point. If it's, say, a holographic presentation of a past performance, it's a great tribute. If it's updating someone's image to fit with the times or with modern stars, or to make them do things that they wouldn't do, then their corpses and memories are marionettes.
    Yah...marionettes that sell things like Pepsi and Doritos during the superbowl half-time...or make Snoop Dogg richer. *throws-up*