User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How do you sleep?

I'm quite a deep sleeper, although in the mornings I can easily get woken up by either one of my parents going to the toilet or something, and usually once I wake up I can't sleep again.

I usually sleep on my stomach, if not I'm sleeping on my right side, towards the wall. On occasions it'll be to the left.

I like it to be quite of background noise, but I would have to be listening to music/listening to a podcast.

I snore and drool. So attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    What is your preferred cuddling position?
    Top right but my leg is on top.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I can't fall asleep unless I'm lying on my back. And I can't turn on my side unless I roll up the blanket(or a big pillow) and stick it in between my knees.

I am incapable of sleeping on my back. I've always been unable to fall asleep in that position. I've preferred my stomach for most of my life, but this year my lower back's been bothering me intermittently and at those times the only comfortable position is on my side, pillow between the legs.

I'm also a natural early riser; I'd tend to wake up when the sun came up. Since I sleep in a basement now, that's not as much of a factor though.

I have a hard time falling asleep when it's noisy, but once I'm already asleep I can sleep through a lot.

One odd thing about my sleeping is that I rarely remember any dreams.

I'm generally a light sleeper, but, on occasion, I have pressed the snooze button semi-consciously and gotten back to sleep. I fixed this by putting my cell phone a bit away from the bed.

I sleep on my back, with my head tilted to one side, sometimes alternating. I can shift my body a bit during the night, though.

I like silence, although I don't mind some soothing background sounds.

As far as I know, I don't snore. My dad does when he drinks too much, though.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Sideways, on whichever side that feels more comfortable [usually right, but if I'm feeling sore/achy I'll sleep on the left shoulder, too] or straight on my back, with head slightly tilted sideways. I'm a semi-light sleeper, I can get awake with minor/sudden noises, or sleep like a rock during REM sleep, specially if I'm more fatigued. I also adapt to my surroundings, if I'm not sleeping alone or depending on the comfort level, like temperature e.g. I find when it's colder climate/house/room, that I'll more likely sleep sideways and curl up to get warmer, while if it's summer/hot weather/high room temperature, I'll feel more comfortable in a more relaxed, stretched position, either on my back straight or doing the 4.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Lately? Not well and not much. I'm always this way when I'm starting big projects. I can't disconnect adequately from the possibility generator that is my mind when I'm engaged in something challenging.

I'm somewhere in between being a light and a deep sleeper. Sometimes, I am almost dead to the world and have at times, slept through multiple alarms, but there are nights when the slightest sound could wake me and I won't be able to go back to sleep. I think it depends on the levels of excitement/stress, sun exposure and house temperature (as far as I can tell).

I usually have two sleeping positions. On my back if I'm not reading anything and on my right side if I am reading (it's easier to hold the book, there's a light on my right and I won't suffocate should the book slip when I (finally!) fall asleep :P).

Certain noises (aka great music) can keep me up for a really long time whereas others (monotonous voices heheh, certain "songs") can put my brain to sleep, soooo I don't know.

And nope, I don't snore.
    Last edited by NPcomplete; 04-23-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: accuracy! accuracy!

649 sp/sx

Heh, when I fall asleep, I'm asleep, which has caused some interesting situations in the past. I had one of those teachers that had like wooden blocks he would slap together next to your ears if you fell asleep in his class... Guess who slept right through repeated block noises...?

I can also fall asleep in any position, any where, at any time, as long as I'm ready to sleep (I'm still working on learning to sleep standing up though).

It's like I have a digital sleep pattern instead of an analog one. Meaning I don't get tired, and I can't sleep unless I'm ready to, but when I'm ready to sleep, I'm out (I'm pretty sure I could sleep through World War III), and once I'm awake, I'm awake (I don't have that problem with not getting enough sleep, 2 hours or 14 hours, once I'm up, I'm up.).

I regularly fall asleep holding random objects, which I then proceed to latch onto while asleep so no one can take them away from me. Heh, off the top of my head, I can remember I've fallen asleep holding: Various knives (sheathed of course), a katana (ditto), my guitar, a book (hardcover, thank heavens), a flashlight, a game boy, and other things I can't currently remember.

So, yeah, I'm a weird and heavy sleeper.