User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How do you sleep?

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    ILE None

I dont know how I sleep frankly, I'm generally away at the time. I don't often remember my dreams, when I do its because they are particularly powerful or weighty to me however. So I'm pretty sure I do have the occasional dream but do not recall. My memory is extremely associative so the cutoff between sleep and daytime might put these memories out of my cognitive intranet. or mayhaps its an adaptation due to lack of sleep. My memory centers are too busy processing my Ne mess or too switched off the rest of the time to recall stuff. It'd be interesting to go through an MRI while sleeping. I know my father did and he goes into paradoxical sleep extremely fast (in seconds). I used to meditate my way into rest when I couldn't get any sleep a few years ago.

Now I have much more energy and I reseal I simply do not require that much rest if I keep an active life style. And I most certainly do.

It is interesting to hear of people for whom sleep bring epiphanies. My nights are experienced as pregnant pauses. A necessary pass onto the next day. *smiles*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

9w1 sx/so

i'm consistently inconsistent. sometimes i fall asleep really my plug has been pulled...other times i lie in bed for hours with the oddest visuals or audio hallucinations...or just too many thoughts...i can be a light sleeper or sleep through my alarm accidentally incorporating it into part of my dream experience and not realizing it's purpose....usually on my side partially on top of my boyfriend or on my back but almost always in the middle of the bed.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

for on, i can never sleep without a pillow to hug and i usually sleep more comfortable when i am turned to my right side. i am so uncomfortable with lying supine that i cannot really get some good sleep. it is so difficult for me to sleep without a pillow even though i have my partner beside me to hug, its just different. maybe it was a force of habit for me.

Retired Member Array
    9w1 sx/sp
    EII Fi

What is your preferred cuddling position?

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    I think the top left is realistically the best for sleeping.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Insomniac, light sleeper. MUST sleep on my stomach, my medication puts me in a weird sleep state where im suddenly a snorer when i never used to be. Can go for days on as little as 1-2 hours a night. Stoopid brain.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Insomniac, light sleeper. MUST sleep on my stomach, my medication puts me in a weird sleep state where im suddenly a snorer when i never used to be. Can go for days on as little as 1-2 hours a night. Stoopid brain.
    Ah man, I used to be able to do that til about last year- go on little to no sleep. Go comfortably on 2 days without any. Day 3 lead to uninvited hallucinations at one point; that was embarrassing. I can't even skip one 'night' of sleep now, albeit my days are my nights [i'm on my way to bed in about two minutes, actually].. but yeah, if I even attempt to go without sleep, my body just takes over- ''fuck what you think you're doing, Lex- WE ARE GOING TO BED.''
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

8w9 sp/sx

Deep Sleeper, legally dead. I sleep on my back and I snore. Keep quiet or I'll kill you
    I N V I C T U S

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    i can't face away, unless i'm being spooned.
    it might start at top right, but realistically it's
    bottom right, but with jock on his back.
    he does the '4' shape with his legs too!

i'd wake up in the middle of the night to move
    closer to him if we drifted during sleep. kidnap
    his arms and wrap it around me, freely adjusting
    at will. must.touch.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

not at all
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”