User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no matter what time i go to sleep i wake up at 8am i can go to bed at 4pm or 4am and i'll wake up at 8am
    I fall asleep very easily but this is the case for me too. No matter what time I go to bed or how little sleep I've gotten I always wake up at the same time every morning. This can be both good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'm DTC .

I love it!

I'm stealing DTC.

Ginkgo

I'm a deep sleeper, I sleep on my belly or lopsided, I like light ambient effects (my favorite cassette is Sounds of the Ghetto, as it reminds me of my childhood), and I don't snore.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Are you a light sleeper or a deep sleeper?
    Do you sleep in a certain position?
    Do you like it quiet or do you like some noise?
    Do you snore?

We should all have a sleep over.
    -- Both I think. Certain things my body tends to recognize and wake up to instantly--doors opening, alarms going off, windows being opened. But then again, I've fallen asleep on people and been moved around by them and never noticed.

-- I prefer sleeping on my side. Either one, I'll pick a side for a few weeks and then switch. Sometimes I fall asleep on my back or stomach, but I'll always wake up and switch it back.

-- Quiet. I can't stand noise while I sleep, though I'll endure it if I'm truly tired. I don't know how people fall asleep to a TV show--they keep me awake against my will.

-- No snoring has been reported other than the occasional sick-day-and-I'm-super-congested light snoring, but I apparently do make whimpering noises, trying to talk, and twitch around, trying to move, while sleeping.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I like light ambient effects (my favorite cassette is Sounds of the Ghetto, as it reminds me of my childhood)
    Yeah, me too. Though the tape that brings me back the most is Sounds From an Air Raid Shelter. That and a belly full of Spam and dehydrated milk puts me to sleep like a baby.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I sleep easily and soundly, unless I'm in emotional distress. As I've gotten older, I usually get up once a night and can at least hear some noises in my sleep, which I actually prefer.

Usually I sleep on my side with my arm underneath my pillow or my wrist crunched up by my cheek. I don't snore, but I do sometimes laugh in my sleep. I rarely remember what I'm dreaming about. Sometimes I do this weird thing where the top half of me is on its side, but my top knee reaches forward and so I'm on my stomach. I wonder if this is why my back hurts sometimes when I wake up. I'm a pretty easy going sleeper (prefer lights off, but can sleep if they aren't), but I do lik3e a nice firm bed.

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

i tend to be a sound sleeper. at least, most of the time. i have trouble hearing alarm clocks unless the sound is really loud and sharp (or i fall asleep straight afterward), so i usually use the rooster alarm on my samsung/android phone and create several consecutive alarms with intervals of several minutes between them. few if any background noises can wake me up.

but then, a lot depends on my state of mind. there are days when my sleep is shallow and not at all refreshing/satisfying/restful, i wake up every hour or so and eventually start the day feeling tired. on nights like that i often have vivid, realistic dreams.

i sleep either on my stomach, with my head turned to the side and resting on my arm, or on my side with my head on the pillow and one of my arms hugging my cat dobbie (who usually sleeps under the covers), never on my back.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

MBTI
    INTp

1. light sleeper
    2. i find it comfortable to fall asleep on my back but i always wake up on my front and my sheets partially off the bed so i suppose i do move around a lot.
    3. quiet
    4. it depends really. i find my normal sleep with minimally snoring but if i sleep after consuming alcohol i am told that i do snore.

garbage

Ambien

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do you snore?

I sleep like the dead. A tornado could come and rip down my house, and I would only wake up because some chunk of timber was jabbing me in the back. The ONLY time in my life that I have slept lightly is when I'm alone and have moved into a new place. The first two weeks there I wake up at the slightest sound, suddenly filled with fear, because I don't know if someone has broken into my new place.

I usually start out sleeping on my stomach, then wake up on my side. I almost never sleep on my back. It's highly uncomfortable for me.

I need to have a fan on for white noise, otherwise the silence in the room becomes deafening. Sometimes I have issues with tinnitus (have ever since I was little), so the soft whirring of a fan distracts me from the annoying, high-pitched and faint ringing I otherwise hear. That said, I'm very sensitive to sounds and light when I'm going to sleep. I can't stand having someone else in the room doing things with a light on while I'm trying to sleep. It doesn't even matter if they're reading and quietly turning a page. I will hear that damn page turning and resurface.

Sometimes I snore, usually if I have a cold/allergies.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Do you snore?

I'm an extremely light sleeper with a fairly noticeable startle response. If I haven't been 'awake' for more than a few minutes after something wakes me, I can easily fall back to sleep, fortunately. Any degree of critical thinking tends to keep me up, afterward, even if I'm tired.

I sleep on my side in a fetal ball often, but occasionally sleep flat on my back with pillows tucked under my knees when I'm sore. [crappy knees, & previously fractured spine]. Usually will wake up in the same position, or I'll roll from the fetal position onto my face and half smother myself with my pillow.

I sleep easiest with either silence or white noise. I can't fall asleep with TV audio; I start drifting & think people are trying to talk to me, & I jerk awake. So that goes for people talking loudly nearby, as well. Music is too stimulating for my brain, so I'll end up remaining alert to listen to it versus relaxing & drifting off, like some people can. Weird things can be white noise to me. I mean there are typical things like water/fans, etc. TV static doesn't bother me. Constant use of loud power tools don't bother me too much if I'd managed to fall asleep hearing them. Other people snoring doesn't disturb me, either, if it's a relatively consistent sound.

I don't snore but occasionally experience night terrors that I won't always have recollections of. Usually it's just that I'll jerk awake with a blind sense of panic/fear; a stifled scream that wakes me the second I do it. A great gasp is what occurs more often than a scream, which is less alarming to those around me, at least. Whole thing takes place over the course of 3-5 seconds. The moment I'm even somewhat alert, I understand what just transpired & simply go back to sleep. It's happened since I was a kid, so it doesn't alarm me. I feel bad when it affects others, though.

Also, I often have Jack beside me at night, so I'll indulge my inner catlady and share his sleep habits.

He rests his head against the pillow/stretches a paw out toward/onto me, most of the time.
    Kinda hard to see, but he left his paw pressed into my shoulder the other night.
    (Apparently, certain friends of mine find his habits creepy.)

As for TypeC sleepovers, I crashed at a few places during the Chicago meetup 2010. Was a lot of fun, & I hope there are more meetups like that in the future.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.