User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: why don't you drink and drive?

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    3w4 sx/so

Getting drunk period is terrible. I don't do it. I've seen people drunk whom I know. Having witnessed their stupor felt empathically embarrassing.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

'Cause I don't drive. But I wouldn't drink and drive if I did drive because I don't want to increase my chances of killing/maiming myself or other people.

I do. Mineral water.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned Array

OP is presumptuous

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    OP is presumptuous
    Of getting caught?
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Of getting caught?
    if that's what he means, it's true.
    by @magpie

well, sold my car before i left to canada, didn't own one there, have since gotten used to public transportation and now choose to never worry about parking, car maintanance, car payments or insurance. i may reconsider this when/if google self-driving cars go commercial.

before that i used to drink drunk often, because:
    1. there was nobody dependent on me.
    2. i was somewhat emotionally stunt regarding the lives of others.
    3. i didn't like letting my friends drive my car.
    4. nobody else i hang out with persistently had a car, damn hippies.

and i have to say that being overly-conscious of my how much more prone i am to potential accidents actually brings my awareness of it closer to realistic levels - all my tickets, and the couple of small accidents i've being in, have taken place sober. if only there was an alcoholic placebo which would make me think i am drunk without being drunk, i would have being one of the safest driver in the country.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

I (now) live in a sprawling city where getting a Taxi for yourself can be a 50 or 60 dollar proposition.

There isn't any public transport to suit my needs, and I usually meet friends out places.

Also, there needs to be a distinction between drinking and driving and drunk driving.

As it stands right now it takes me 8+ beers to get a good strong buzz (my sweet spot on the continuum of intoxication), or 4-6 bourbon and gingers, or 2-3 glasses of bourbon.

When I hit a place where my motor skills or cognitive faculties preclude my ability to drive, I won't. This doesn't happen very often as I generally know before I go to an event I'm going to get that drunk at. And as such choose not to drive to it.

In my current recollection, there are only 1-3 times I've ever driven drunk.

I can't count the number of times I've drank and then driven.

But given my circle of friends, and how big a role drinking plays in our get togethers, if I were to choose to never drive after drinking, I just wouldn't be able to hang out with my friends anymore.

Pretty much anytime I go out with friends we get drinks.

I got pulled over in college after going to a social where I had 9 mixed drinks in 2.5 hrs. I passed the drunk test the cop gave me. Not the stand on one leg one, the follow the flashlight with your eyes and see if your eye stutters (the one you have no control over whether you pass or not).

Anyway, I know my limits, and my driving record is reflective of this. Do I drink and drive yes. Do I drive when it is beyond my capacity to do so...

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Alcohol doesnt make you a good driver. I'm not suicidal or homicidal either.

4w5 sx/sp

because i don't have a driver's license, a car, and i don't drink that much. my boyfriend's trying to teach me how to drive for the sole purpose of being his dd. he got a dui a few months ago while i was with him and i got handcuffed and put in the back of the cop car, and he was in the front lol.