User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    My mother's bio dad ran away. I will never understand why. But the man who became her father sounds whimsical. He was a storyteller, pro-wrestler, a magician, singer of old world folk songs, kept a goat named Toscanini. He died when I was small. Some years after my mother wore a gold ring I wasn't used to seeing. I knew most of her jewelry. The ring was from my grandfather. When I asked to see it, she handed it to me in the back seat and I turned it over in my fingers. Suddenly, somehow the ring fell into the seatbelt well of the rear passenger side panel of my father's precious object, the car he always showed more attention to than me. My mother raged at me so hard, never had I felt worse about anything in my life. It felt like the hated car had evilly devoured it. I always hoped somehow it could be found, but years later even after the care was totaled and was subsequently put back together the ring never appeared.
    It was a dream you both had, a hummed melody from which husband and father arose in shared responsibility.

Symbolic Herald Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It was a dream you both had, a hummed melody from which husband and father arose in shared responsibility.
    Aye, all so absent. Abandoned, dead, never fully present.

My mother got over it quickly, laughs about it now. Only I still rue the event.

Intergalactic Badass Array mujigay's Avatar

I lost any lingering love for this town of mine.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

shadow boxer Array strawberries's Avatar

everything. nothing is owned.

let go.

Retired Member Array
    9w1 sx/sp
    EII Fi

Mmm, I've lost a lot of belongings. Unfortunately I'm pretty absent-minded. I've left my bag at cafés, bookstores etc. before (though thankfully I never lost a whole backpack!).
    As for abstract things, I've lost my mind and will before. Though I got them back

The ability to bend over. I probably won't regain it for nearly a year. It's a small price to pay.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    ILE None

my inertia. accelerating atom in an accelerating medium. a fish in the sea
    also things are only lost when you deem them to be. for the rest as long as we re alive there's, hope.

i ve lost... dreamless ness in the last few days. Been sleeping much longer than I usually dom, rolling over onto dreams, waking up with memories and an impression of duration. Of time, stole back from the abyss.
    Will I find my early hour oblivion again? D
    reams... assault me with their obvious meanings, dreams come and tell me old stories in unsurprising, puzzling ways.,
    dreams project messages to nowhere, they leave and life begins, in the morning hours.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

A window to the soul

Nothing. Every time we lose a game, lose our hair, lose our way, we gain it all back. God takes so He can deliver.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    The ability to bend over. I probably won't regain it for nearly a year. It's a small price to pay.
    I know now what you're talking about, but for some reason I thought anal with a horse. There's a reason for the saying "Hung like a horse"
    by @magpie