User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

Exactly one year of worries, tears, longing, and loneliness... one more to go.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I lost my religion. I lost my arrogance. I lost my resentment. I lost a lot more I don't care to share.

I found a sense that "everything is going to be ok." I found a love for others because I can relate to their loss. I found humor, sillyness, and play that was my spirit as a child.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ISFP

Huh. I don't know. I feel like whatever has been lost I've also gained stuff. My hairbands are always disappearing. I imagine this hairband monster made out of hairbands crawls out from the depths of my closet at night and devours them. Did I mention he's shaped like Elvis? He's just frustrated cause he doesn't have vocal chords. Poor guy.

Basically, I'm an INFP so I forget that I've lost stuff until it magically resurfaces.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    My greatest material loss was a hard drive that was packed with many years of work. Beyond the tax records, pictures of people and places and things that I'll never see again, I had gigs of stories and other writings which I had spend hundreds of hours developing, editing, rewriting. But....I still have two more years until my deadline.

Failures in artificial storage of memories and ideas.
    Post trimmed to be sure this isn't a list...

The year after I finished university, my computer got a virus. I tried to fix it myself and ended up losing everything but the hardware. Most of it was replaceable or not a big deal, but I lost a lot of writing.

About a month later, the website I was working for underwent a redesign and purged all old articles, so there is literally no copy of about a year's worth of my writing. What haunts me even more, I lost by far -- by FAR -- the best fiction I have ever written. I am not a talented fiction writer, but I really think this one was special. I've tried off and on since then to re-create it. But there was something about being 23 and being where I was that I'll never get back. Some things you only get one shot at. That's a loss I've never stopped regretting.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

earrings
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Pain. Finders keepers.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    earrings
    Were they red?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It's ambiguous. But something.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

friends... nor am I certain as to how to make new ones really... I've been a rolling stone and have gathered no moss

also, I can't find my favorite pair of flip flops
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    friends... nor am I certain as to how to make new ones really... I've been a rolling stone and have gathered no moss
    See, there's the problem. The moss is covered with snow, so you'll just get frostbite rolling around like that. You want to be a rolling snowball and gather snow rather than a rolling stone gathering moss this time of year.