User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

violaine

@Jennifer Yup, I feel quite confident in saying no one there would remark upon a 6ft tall woman in heels.

@SilkRoad I'm quite partial to the Swedish men myself. :-D.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    @Jennifer Yup, I feel quite confident in saying no one there would remark upon a 6ft tall woman in heels.

@SilkRoad I'm quite partial to the Swedish men myself. :-D.
    I really need to go to Sweden again...I have been a few times but very long ago and I was too young to really appreciate the scenery! Whereas I have been to Denmark more recently and thoroughly enjoyed the eye candy!

Who knows, maybe I'll make a move to one of those countries one day, in the interests of tallness. I am half Finnish, so the Scandinavian blood definitely has something to do with my height... And on my dad's side a lot of the ancestry is Yorkshire, where there is a lot of Scandinavian blood... Hence, I'm a Viking.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    ...And on my dad's side a lot of the ancestry is Yorkshire, where there is a lot of Scandinavian blood... Hence, I'm a Viking.
    ...For better or Norse!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

violaine

I really need to go to Sweden again...I have been a few times but very long ago and I was too young to really appreciate the scenery! Whereas I have been to Denmark more recently and thoroughly enjoyed the eye candy!

Who knows, maybe I'll make a move to one of those countries one day, in the interests of tallness. I am half Finnish, so the Scandinavian blood definitely has something to do with my height... And on my dad's side a lot of the ancestry is Yorkshire, where there is a lot of Scandinavian blood... Hence, I'm a Viking.
    Heh. Neat.

Well, *pulls out the ole anecdote treasure chest* my Swedish friend, who lives in Denmark, is the shortest in her family. She's 6ft tall. That's not uncommon, according to her.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm 5'8" and that qualifies me to to be the tallest person in my family of 7. I don't think the typical Mexican mestizo mix is known for towering heights.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I hear you. I get the same comments. I have a fast metabolism but some people won't even believe me when I say this; they just think I'm just an anorexic/bulimic in denial.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, but I don't see why people think it's OK to make remarks about my weight or eating habits. If you've ever seen someone that's actually starving themselves, I in no way resemble that - I look healthy, not sallow and gaunt.
    That's my life... '-' I don't have a fast metabolism, I just don't eat as much as other people do - because I can't eat that much, I just can't do it. But I'm still healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    Southern & Oranged....Sorry didn't mean to bump in the middle. But seriously, just remember that its just insecure idiots that make comments. If you weren't tall & skinny then they would say you're too short & fat. And vice versa, they just pick at other people cuz they can't feel good about themselves. You guys just need a cool, kitschy punchline for when people say dumb stuff like that!
    A punchline may be fun to try, but think I would end up feeling bad for making the other person uncomfortable. Anyway, suggestions would be welcome! xD

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    That's my life... '-' I don't have a fast metabolism, I just don't eat as much as other people do - because I can't eat that much, I just can't do it. But I'm still healthy...

A punchline may be fun to try, but think I would end up feeling bad for making the other person uncomfortable. Anyway, suggestions would be welcome! xD
    If I get a comment about height ("You're very tall, you know!"), and I'm feeling grouchy enough, I give them a dark look and say "oh gosh. I've never heard that before." Then when they look chastened, I feel kind of bad. It's a bit of a boring, sad comeback anyway. I need suggestions too!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Dali

If I get a comment about height ("You're very tall, you know!"), and I'm feeling grouchy enough, I give them a dark look and say "oh gosh. I've never heard that before." Then when they look chastened, I feel kind of bad. It's a bit of a boring, sad comeback anyway. I need suggestions too!
    Comebacks 1 & 2.

Have used some of the comebacks from link 2 myself, in the past. They went down a treat.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Comebacks 1 & 2.

Have used some of the comebacks from link 2 myself, in the past. They went down a treat.
    Hilarious! I am passing this on to a friend.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

5'8 and 148 my goal weight is 135-140. Anything less than 135 and I'm too thin with my build.