User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 163

  1. #31
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    5'4" 140lbs. Slowly working on the latter number to get back to my naturally skinny self. The former, well, I'm forever stuck at average but at least some people don't know that and still call me short

  2. #32
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    I assuming that imperial measurements are preferred

    *gets out calculator*

    Height: 5'11" and 3/4
    Weight: 136 lbs

    My weight I'm neutral about - in some ways I wish I had a more curvy figure but I rather like having a fast metabolism and can live with being skinny. My height on the other hand, I don't like. I wish I was 3 or 4 inches shorter because it feels unfeminine to be this tall.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  3. #33
    Intergalactic Badass mujigay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I assuming that imperial measurements are preferred

    *gets out calculator*

    Height: 5'11" and 3/4
    Weight: 136 lbs

    My weight I'm neutral about - in some ways I wish I had a more curvy figure but I rather like having a fast metabolism and can live with being skinny. My height on the other hand, I don't like. I wish I was 3 or 4 inches shorter because it feels unfeminine to be this tall.
    You could donate those 3 or 4 inches to me. I'm 4'10", and it's completely humiliating.

    Edit: I am a lady, and tend to fluctuate from anywhere from 82 to 88 lbs.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

    All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

  4. #34
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    You could donate those 3 or 4 inches to me. I'm 4'10", and it's completely humiliating.
    Sounds like a deal!

    Now all we need to do is find a specialist in magical surgery...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  5. #35
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I know a girl about your height who's around 95-100 lbs. It's genetic. I know she's a good eater.

    If you want to gain weight, this is a fun place to do it: http://www.zacharys.com/
    That looks great.

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think I need to eat a ton. I can sit on my butt and still not gain much. I burn energy just by thinking too much.

    ^Can't find an eyeroll emoticon for that.
    lol that was funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Well, not high intensity cardio to where you're burning more than you're taking in, but just exercise. I'm thinking more of things that will work to tone your muscles (swimming is great). Personally, I recommend gaining weight while working/toning your muscles as opposed to putting on weight while being completely sedentary. But of course, it all depends on what you want.
    I want to fill out more but not get buff/muscular-looking (I don't find that attractive in women at all). I don't want rolls or cottage cheese though.

  6. #36
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,099

    Default

    5'6" and 174 lbs.

    I started getting sicker and sicker for no explainable reason about three years ago and rapidly gained about 35 pounds even though I was eating healthier than I ever had. I had terrible edema in my legs and would fluctuate 7 or 8 pounds throughout the day. This fall I found out that I had celiac's disease, went off gluten and so far have lost about 20 pounds and for the first time in my life have energy and am not cold all the time.

    Something is still definitely out of whack, and I still have some edema, but I'm certainly getting better. I have since then gone off Coke, and also am living pretty much only on fruits and vegetables and a bit of lean meat at supper, lots of water, no eating after supper, but am not seeing a lot of progress. I need to exercise more, but am working so much that other than a lot of walking throughout my day, there is not much available time. (I teach school, then teach about 4 hours of lessons, then do homework for a couple of hours, do a few house chores, get ready for the next day and it is already pretty late).

    Ideally, I'd like to be around 135, but it's been many years since I've seen that. For now, I'd be pleased with 150. I am fortunate to gain weight fairly evenly and most people that know my weight are surprised that it is as high as it is. This summer, my niece and I are starting an exercise regime together.

  7. #37
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I want to fill out more but not get buff/muscular-looking (I don't find that attractive in women at all). I don't want rolls or cottage cheese though.
    lol. I hear ya. Muscle tone =/= buff though.

  8. #38
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    I'm right under 6' (technically, 5' 11.5" or so)... and weight? well, most people would guess me to way around 180 lbs.

    What's funny is that I weigh significantly more than that, into a range where many people look obese. I just carry my weight evenly distributed around my body and have dense bones, I guess, so I can carry a lot more than what people might think. My goal once I get through my upcoming move, finish taxes, get through the divorce, etc., and can finally sleep more regularly and not be such a sugar junkie to stay awake is to work on dropping about 50lbs. I remember losing 50 lbs earlier in my life and I looked skinny. I'd like to look that way again.

    I think mentally I carry myself like I'm about 5'9" and 170lbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by savage idealist
    I dispise my height though; I'm too damn short! Everyone else is freakin taller than me!
    I wish I could dump some off on you. I hate being both the tall AND the big chick, even if I'm proportional, as much as you hate being so small and lightweight. if I could give you 3" of my height and 30 lbs, I would.

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I started getting sicker and sicker for no explainable reason about three years ago and rapidly gained about 35 pounds even though I was eating healthier than I ever had. I had terrible edema in my legs and would fluctuate 7 or 8 pounds throughout the day. This fall I found out that I had celiac's disease, went off gluten and so far have lost about 20 pounds and for the first time in my life have energy and am not cold all the time.
    I'm glad you figured out what it was and have made some progress on the weight end of things. I hope it only gets better for you and that your summer exercise program goes well for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    You could donate those 3 or 4 inches to me. I'm 4'10", and it's completely humiliating.
    That's what we need -- a mystical, magical exchange program!

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    6'5" 180, give or take. I think on "paper", that sounds really skinny, but I actually have a little gut.
    hey, handsome.

    ... imagine, a guy I could wear heels around and still feel short! yay!


    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Six foot and 198 pounds. I could stand to lose 20.
    dang, I didn't realize you were that tall either. For some reason I thought you were much shorter!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #39
    Sweet Ocean Cloud SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    That looks great.
    I've been to the one in Berkeley 3 times. Their thin crust is good, but their stuffed is devastating. 2008 was the last time I went. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go again soon.

    I want to fill out more but not get buff/muscular-looking (I don't find that attractive in women at all). I don't want rolls or cottage cheese though.
    Unless you have unusually high testosterone or work out like a maniac you probably won't end up looking like Linda Hamilton in T2.

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    5'6" and 174 lbs.

    I started getting sicker and sicker for no explainable reason about three years ago and rapidly gained about 35 pounds even though I was eating healthier than I ever had. I had terrible edema in my legs and would fluctuate 7 or 8 pounds throughout the day. This fall I found out that I had celiac's disease, went off gluten and so far have lost about 20 pounds and for the first time in my life have energy and am not cold all the time.

    Something is still definitely out of whack, and I still have some edema, but I'm certainly getting better. I have since then gone off Coke, and also am living pretty much only on fruits and vegetables and a bit of lean meat at supper, lots of water, no eating after supper, but am not seeing a lot of progress. I need to exercise more, but am working so much that other than a lot of walking throughout my day, there is not much available time.
    Sounds kind of like the paleo diet.

    I can sympathize. The last 5 years of my life have been like a really long episode of House, except whatever I have isn't life-threatening and there aren't any attractive women involved. I've made a whole bunch of doctors go Meanwhile I'm like

    This summer, my niece and I are starting an exercise regime together.
    I think you mean regimen. Although an exercise government would be interesting. Perhaps Arnold Schwarzenegger could be the executive now that he's done being governor.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

  10. #40
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,099

    Default

    Nope, I meant regime! She's bossy!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 07:43 AM
  2. Height/weight Photographic Chart
    By Glycerine in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 02:14 AM
  3. How does body weight training compare to weightlifting and cardio?
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 01:02 AM
  4. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 09:53 AM
  5. lexapro and weight gain
    By Tigerlily in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO