User Tag List

First 789

Thread: Slumming it...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    It sounds wonderful.

And to be fair, I've usually lived in the older suburbs (the neighborhood I live in has curbs made from granite mined at Stone Mountain several decades ago, and the towering trees were probably much less impressive when the houses were new)....newer construction often has smaller yards, fewer and shorter trees, and houses with less variation in construction.
    I really am not a fan of new neighborhoods... they look so bald and uniform (and they should start painting houses a color that's NOT beige and giving them more windows... LOTS more windows!!!)... they kind of lack any form of reminder that they are part of the rest of the earth

my neighborhood is from the late 50s and the trees have been growing every since... in the summer the streets are mostly shady and the whole area looks green... it's as close to having some of the benefits of nature while still being close to everything as I can get!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    It sounds wonderful.

And to be fair, I've usually lived in the older suburbs (the neighborhood I live in has curbs made from granite mined at Stone Mountain several decades ago, and the towering trees were probably much less impressive when the houses were new)....newer construction often has smaller yards, fewer and shorter trees, and houses with less variation in construction.
    There are some very wooded neighborhoods in Minneapolis/St Paul. My neighboorhood has some big, old trees (dating back to the 1900s), but I wouldn't call it 'wooded.' And some suburban neighborhoods are quite pretty, I agree! I just don't like the newer ones with cookie-cutter houses, or the "lifestyle" neighborhoods that try to look like historic small-town main streets, but that are completely man-made.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

I lived downtown once. Most I've ever paid for an apartment, by far...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Who the hell truly aims to live to work to pay for a house they only sleep in to wake up to work to pay for life to live to work to live to wait to die- when they're old and can finally ''rest'' or- ''enjoy life'' in their ''golden years''- old, rotting in florida and khaki shorts and big socks, or maybe going to the Grand Canyon in their RV with a spouse they hate or hardly even know. It's really all just wasting time and waiting for the inevitable, and letting perceived needs dictate & limit your own ability to authentically live.

Fuck that life.
    Whats the alternative ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]