User Tag List

123 Last

Default Utopian Fantasies

What are your Utopian fantasies?

One of mine is a world where everyone worked to make society a better place, and didn't have to worry about how to feed and shelter themselves or their families.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I have many but let's just say it involves everyone having a jetpack on solar/electric power, and animal reserves where the mighty unicorn can run free without fear of it being poached for it's sparkly skins.

Oh, and something to do with everyone having their necessities met and universal access to the best of education would be nice too.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I would use nanotechnology to turn myself into an angel. I would then time travel and retrocausally turn the earth into paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I would use nanotechnology to turn myself into an angel. I would then time travel and retrocausally turn the earth into paradise.
    what would be the characteristics of your paradise?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-There would be no noise. Climate during the day would be constant: 25º C, seaside humidity, no rain or snow.

-Dating would be easy, because people would be able to know when their desires match the other person's. At the same time person x wants to kiss person y + person y wants to kiss person x, both would get a mental note that they're good to go. Same thing with sex. People would only get notified when both have the same desire. Married people would have the option to turn it off, to avoid awkward moments.

-People convicted to death or life sentence(s) would be given the chance to be put on an island, and their lives would become a reality show. Trust me, it would have more audience than Survivor.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTj

I would be the supreme dictator.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    -Dating would be easy, because people would be able to know when their desires match the other person's. At the same time person x wants to kiss person y + person y wants to kiss person x, both would get a mental note that they're good to go. Same thing with sex. People would only get notified when both have the same desire. Married people would have the option to turn it off, to avoid awkward moments.
    Oh wow I remember thinking this up in high school. The world needs it. So much.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

-People convicted to death or life sentence(s) would be given the chance to be put on an island, and their lives would become a reality show. Trust me, it would have more audience than Survivor.
    I've suggested that on quite a few occasions! (deceit, lies, serial killers... tune in for this season of survivor:death row island! )

- volcanoes would be sufficiently cone shaped, and therefore pleasing to our basic childhood beliefs that they are so

- seasons would be proper to the region in question... in the midwest, for an example, it would always snow on christmas eve and summers would be long and lazy and hot, with plenty of cicadas in the trees buzzing

- educational funding would be good enough that there would be such a supply of teachers that we could pick and choose and only hire the best, so that school would be a lot of fun and super educational... there would also be a lot of field trips!

- mythical creatures would actually exist because that would be kind of fun

- santa claus, the easter bunny and things of that sort would be real as well... and they'd bring presents and candy to adults as well

- travel around the world would be cheap and efficient so that the world could be sufficiently appreciated

- everybody could live comfortably and have what they need to survive

- all people would be curious, open minded and happy to learn from one another... therefore learning would be made easier as would advancement!

- people really would treat others well and with respect!

- time travel would be a perfectly acceptable means of vacationing... so would travel through space... and other planets would be populated by friendly and fascinating aliens

- the sense of humor gene would be widespread and would have become an essential component to human dna... like having lungs... therefore everyone would love to laugh

- there would be more of an innocent and childlike sense of mystery about the universe and wonder at how amazing it really is

- there would finally be enough time to do and see and learn everything you want to learn... and time enough to enjoy it finally

that's it for now... I'm sure that I can easily come up with more things
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've suggested that on quite a few occasions! (deceit, lies, serial killers... tune in for this season of survivor:death row island! )

Also, I like your utopia
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Also, I like your utopia
    time to put together a proposal for the television executives!

and yours didn't sound bad at all either... now... how to implement these plans...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett