User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Gas Prices

Price per liter of unleaded gasoline, March 2012:

Prices are in euro cents. To convert to dollars, multiply by about 1.3. To convert to pounds, multiply by about 0.85.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This morning when I drove by my local gas station, the price for unleaded said $6.67.

Pretty sure it was a typo, lol. The place across the street said $3.73.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    This morning when I drove by my local gas station, the price for unleaded said $6.67.
    Pretty sure it was a typo, lol. The place across the street said $3.73.
    Wonder how many people dropped dead of a heart attack when they saw that typo...!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wonder how many people dropped dead of a heart attack when they saw that typo...!
    I almost did!

My blog:

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Lol gasoline is cheap in usa. Imo the price should be atleast doubled, so that people would stop wasting it, and it would force people to use public transportation. Naturally the crappy public transportation in most areas in usa should be fixed too, but with gas that cheap people dont have a need for that, so companies providing it wouldnt succeed, also if its not already like that, public transportation companies shouod be owned by the city and government giving some requirements for the city about it.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Lol gasoline is cheap in usa. Imo the price should be atleast doubled, so that people would stop wasting it, and it would force people to use public transportation. Naturally the crappy public transportation in most areas in usa should be fixed too, but with gas that cheap people dont have a need for that, so companies providing it wouldnt succeed, also if its not already like that, public transportation companies shouod be owned by the city and government giving some requirements for the city about it.
    This is true. I try never to complain about gas prices, because it's so much more expensive in Europe and other places. But to see it go up $3 overnight would be quite a shock!

My blog:

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Lol gasoline is cheap in usa. Imo the price should be atleast doubled, so that people would stop wasting it, and it would force people to use public transportation.
    It doubled in the last 5 years and I foresee it doubling again in the next 5 years. In America we complained but we still adjusted to it in the last 5 years so I'm sure oil companies will reason that we'll complain but still adjust to another doubling in the next 5 years. Doing it any faster will cause people to abandon their vehicles, which is not what oil companies want.

I personally feel like when it comes to transportation they are purposely dragging their feet on developing alternatives to gas and gas gusslers or maybe they are suppressing ideas. I tell you, they're all in cahoots, it's a conspiracy!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I see no reason why container ships (and ships generally) above a certain size shouldn't use nuclear reactors (with proper security measures). I think nuclear energy is vastly under-utilized globally, and that the problems/fears people have of it are vastly exaggerated.

There is simply no cost effective alternative which provides similar performance to gas in land vehicles, and planes.

Electric Vehicles take too long to charge, don't have enough range or comparable performance, and the pollution emitted from the process used to make the batteries is pretty bad.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    It doubled in the last 5 years and I foresee it doubling again in the next 5 years. In America we complained but we still adjusted to it in the last 5 years so I'm sure oil companies will reason that we'll complain but still adjust to another doubling in the next 5 years. [/b]Doing it any faster will cause people to abandon their vehicles, which is not what oil companies want.[/b]

I personally feel like when it comes to transportation they are purposely dragging their feet on developing alternatives to gas and gas gusslers or maybe they are suppressing ideas. I tell you, they're all in cahoots, it's a conspiracy!
    Yea, governments energy policy being ran heavily by oil companies is the main problem. I wasnt saying that oil companies should charge more from oil, but government taxing oil more for the public, i think its a good idea to (in this type of situation) that some companies wouldnt have to pay more taxes than now, otherwise the higher cost of oil would have too big of an impact to food prices etc, which wouldnt be a good thing. But the higher tax money from oil used by the public could be used on developing alternative energy sources or on fixing the public health care situation of usa.

But since oil companies dictate so much the energy politics of the government and they prefer more money over health of the planet or health of american citizen, its not going to happen..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You guys have no clue how high the gas prices are in Italy, right now. The govt taxed them heavily starting from 1st January and now they're approaching 2 euros/liter, which means...9.9 $ / gallon!

It's fucking horrible.

People don't have to drive nearly as far in European countries.
    Yeah, that's true. I don't have a car anymore. It does have a big impact on those who don't live in big or medium-sized cities though.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp