12 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lightbulb The positive ideation thread

Sit back, close your eyes, breathe deeply and come back to this page in 5 minutes.

You're in a place, a beautiful wonderful magical place. In this place all your dreams, wishes, and hopes are true. What kind of place are you in? Are you indoors or out? What kind of sounds do you hear?

In this place you are surrounded by love free to express yourself in any way without fear of judgement. You walk along experiencing the riches of this place. What do you smell around you?

As you continue you encounter a group of people. They're your favorite people to be around. They want to talk with you and interact with you. What do you do together?

Take this thread as an opportunity to go on a journey. This can be any kind of journey you wish. Go to anyplace you can imagine in reality or have a non-rational journey if you wish. When you are finished and feel calm, happy, and wonderful feel free to share whatever parts of that journey you care to here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like it....
    but i don't want to wait 5 min. i like how questions like this make you immediately imagine certain scenarios. i immediately saw myself on some outdoor lounge chair with my barefeet on the grass and the crashing waves in the background but i was in some sort of japanese garden with streams and koi ponds soft moss and weeping willows...lots of color...and the smell of honeysuckle...my family came over and we made food and yummy fruity cocktails....that was fun...i miss my family...ha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

See, this is why I don't type Fi anymore. I'm having trouble thinking of "favorites" or "dreams" or if I really want to be free to express love without judgement. I don't know what to think about any of this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    See, this is why I don't type Fi anymore. I'm having trouble thinking of "favorites" or "dreams" or if I really want to be free to express love without judgement. I don't know what to think about any of this.
    whaat? really? is that fi ish? i didn't realize.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    whaat? really? is that fi ish? i didn't realize.
    I think so. It's like an exercise in value judgements and "knowing yourself" well or something. I just need some time though. I'm not that lost.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

If it heps I am the least F tupe if you were to meet me in person. I have to upload video. Also, the place where I'm at has burlesque. So videos/photos of that should also be forthcoming.

Edit: for me there is a lamp radially radiating infinite love. I see a smile like a chrsire cat. In addition, I am on the beach. I am relaxing and having a martini. I break open a piñata, it is full of condoms. My love smiles and winks at me. We jump off the volcano and fly off to a lounge. There I am with my brother, my best friend, we are celebrating his son (cammy cam!'s bday) we go to the cineplex and watch a movie. He has my back. I buy his house from his parents and give it to him as a gift. That's all I have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    If it heps I am the least F tupe if you were to meet me in person. I have to upload video. Also, the place where I'm at has burlesque. So videos/photos of that should also be forthcoming.
    I don't necessarily mean strong Fi types. TJs qualify too. I think they're quicker (than me at least) to make and talk about judgements, values, sentiments, have favorites, and the like. They speak more categorically than FP, but it's all the same to me.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I bet you gravitate to some things more than others. Those are your favorites. Now take them to the Nth power. Those are your dreams.

I think it might be much more useful for you to not say what you aren't and instead say what you are. How DO you feel? Also, instead of thinking of functions as strong or weak it may be more useful to think of a person as being able to develop all of their functions without one causing a deficit in or being in opposition to another. If you develop a new skill you don't automatically lose another. When I say I am the least f type person for example I do not mean to say I am unemotional or cold or mean. In fact I doubt most people would interpret me that way.

They say a person will believe about you whatever it is easiest to believe. This includes what you believe about yourself. If you accept that it's okay to have xyz as a weakness then you may keep encountering problems in that area of your life and may never become the happy fulfilled being that you are meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I bet you gravitate to some things more than others. Those are your favorites. Now take them to the Nth power. Those are your dreams.

I think it might be much more useful for you to not say what you aren't and instead say what you are. How DO you feel? Also, instead of thinking of functions as strong or weak it may be more useful to think of a person as being able to develop all of their functions without one causing a deficit in or being in opposition to another. If you develop a new skill you don't automatically lose another. When I say I am the least f type person for example I do not mean to say I am unemotional or cold or mean. In fact I doubt most people would interpret me that way.

They say a person will believe about you whatever it is easiest to believe. This includes what you believe about yourself. If you accept that it's okay to have xyz as a weakness then you may keep encountering problems in that area of your life and may never become the happy fulfilled being that you are meant to be.
    What I was "meant to be"? I have no idea what I'm meant to be, and not sure I want to know either. I don't like thinking about that. Every once in awhile I try, but I go crazy from it.

How I feel or what I am depends on the situation or what I'm engaged in.

As for who I am, I think I've experimented a lot to find out. Sometimes I create things for myself, and sometimes destroy things in myself. I might take on something new, think it's the greatest thing in the world and "defines" me somehow, but a year later, might discard it. I'm not even sure I have a core set of values. I have important ones, but I've redefined some of them after seeing that they didn't work or eventually didn't make sense.

As for functions, it might be irrelevant. Who knows. I think that Fi is the strongest at making static value judgements though - and takes it's sense of self and finding "meaning" more seriously than others. Whether they're FPs or TJs.

garbage

Neat exercise.

The thing is that I don't even picture a physical place with sights or sounds. It's just a bunch of interconnected thoughts and feelings that I can't put into words. To put them into words is to lose their essence.

I guess I'd say that 'that place' is my own mind or imagination, or something trite like that.

If I force myself to picture a physical place, it's a beach. Which is even more trite