User Tag List

First 345

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    They, too, shall wish to pluck with such irresistible plumage!

Oh...wait, I'm just a peahen.
    dammit... why do the cocks get to have all of the fun
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

I kind of feel like I had a hand in prompting this post. I was having a rough time today and I thought I'd just vent some of my frustrations In a brief post. My professor broke up us into groups for our term projects based on personality statements and I couldn't find a group that fit me. I ended up being thrown into a group where I don't feel like I belong and I was kinda having a break down about some of the conflicts I was having within the group. In order to make sense of it I made an assumption that these feelings of loneliness I was having and my inability to experience the same feelings of synergy that I observed in other people was due to the fact that I identify as an INFJ. I thought that since we were split up according to our personality that maybe I was the only INFJ in the group. Normally I wouldn't just assume that a post like this had anything to do with me but the OP uses a lot of the same sentiments I used. I'm no no way suggesting that this is all about me I'm just saying I think I may have been one of the straws that broke the camels back. The OP can confirm or deny this if she would like to. @whatever If it was something I said i'm sorry If I came off as being elitist that was not my intent. I wanted to vent a little .I just thought that if I shared more personality traits with the other people that I wouldn't have felt so alone in that situation and maybe I wouldn't have been misunderstood. If my thread had nothing to do with your thread I apologize for making that assumption.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't care if you're a sensor or intuitive or whether you use Fe or Fi or any of that other bullshit... it doesn't make you any more special or unique than everyone else... we all use all of the fucking functions so don't feel like you are all that special just because you put it in your type on here.

I don't care if you feel like you're feeling a special type of lonliness that nobody has ever felt before and nobody really understands... it's part of the human condition, everyone feels that way from time to time... it doesn't make you special.

I don't care if you feel misunderstood... we all feel misunderstood because nobody else is exactly us- it's perfectly normal to feel misunderstood... if you NEVER felt misunderstood THAT would be what makes you special... it's not your functions, it's that you are an individual with a unique set of experiences that have added up to you, not that you use more Ni than anyone else or anything

Yes, you may be going through some tough times, they happen to most of us and almost every single one of us gets through them to the other side... this doesn't mean that you're anything special... it means that you're living life

The world and it's citizens don't owe you anything except for the ability to live... and even that's just out of basic niceness... if you really want to be recognized for something you have to do something worth being recognized for... pointing out that you're special because a set of letters that you assigned yourself put you in a minority of the population doesn't grant you that... you didn't do anything for the world so why are you expecting to get paid for it? I have a rather uncommon blood type... I don't go around claiming that I'm worthy of special treatment because of it! (and that's something definite and measurable!)

this doesn't mean that you're worthy of disrespect... it just means that you aren't owed any more respect than anybody else... you're human, get over it!

thanks!
    Some of us are more snowflaky than others. Just saying.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

@iNtrovert... you didn't prompt it

You're good!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Some of us are more snowflaky than others. Just saying.
    maybe leave off the snow...

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

An Enneagram 4 acquaintance of mine once said "I really learned to cry that time" in a very presumptuous tone, I am sure he thought that his "emotional depth" made him enormously special.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Not a flattering combination, e4 base and guys.

"Confess your sins according to my beliefs. I feel a glow pulsating inside."

Rule: time permitting, always play along.

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    People who act elitist or "special" should visit Los Angeles for awhile. Maybe not even that. Hang out with some painters and go to galleries with them or something. Get involved in some scene where every fucking person you meet is "aspiring" to be something great. You'll realize sooner or later how stupid it looks from the outside. God help you if you don't.
    My teacher once told me something similar. He told our class that we should go to LA. He never mentioned the details, the "why," except left a vague remark... "Lots of lonely people over there."