User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Glycerine

Taking a few years of psych courses makes you realize that everyone is fucked up in their own little special ways and of course there is some overlap.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wonder if it is possible for people to not feel superior to anyone else. Most social identifications serve that purpose whether religious, astrological, political, cultural, or more constructed ideas like typology. I think to not feel superior a person would have to eliminate all ideas of "Us vs. Them" and not have any individual or group of people as their "existential other". The closest I can think is to assume that you would be exactly like anyone else if you had lived their life.

I've been on these forums since 2007 (2005 at the other I think), so I know what is being described. I think there is a problem for "sensors" here, but it was a bit of a problem before this site to be a "feeler" at the other site.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Glycerine

I truly think/believe that to categorize/judge is a natural strong impulse for basically everyone. It seems to boil down to familiar vs. different and comfortable vs. unease. paradigms.

Ginkgo

But when I was 5 my mommy tested my IQ as really really high and I could tell the rain was coming because it smelled funny so I'm a special N.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I truly think/believe that to categorize/judge is a natural strong impulse for basically everyone. It seems to boil down to familiar vs. different and comfortable vs. unease. paradigms.
    This

I read many posts with an imagined bag of popcorn in my hands, gloriously stuffing it into my imagined fat face, for exactly this reason.

Typology systems are excellent at providing us with a framework and vocabulary for self-discovery, and they augment our own mental models that help us classify other people in our heads in various useful ways.. but our mental models aren't easily generalizable and extendable to the real world. When we bring them out into the world for purposes that are far removed from philosophical exercise ("INFPs sure do like cheeseburgers"), we tend to just look silly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

(hides from the special Se-style ranting)

Lemme know when it is safe to be special like everyone else but different than everyone else again

I bet this is why the forum crashed..... I mean what is a typology website without recognizing differences? It just implodes upon itself

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh, everyone IS different... but EVERYONE is different, some people aren't just special because they've decided that they feel like they're more special than others
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oh, everyone IS different... but EVERYONE is different, some people aren't just special because they've decided that they feel like they're more special than others
    you know what, whatever? you're special.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Hmmm... Does this mean that we ought to treat everyone as someone ordinary or that we ought to treat everyone as someone special?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

i'm a TV special
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."