User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default What do you love about singing or playing an instrument?

what i love in singing is the sheer amount of different voices i could sing by, and on my instrument (inhale whistling) is the ability to improvise and basically doing all of it without even need to attempt to learn the songs as it happens automatically.

i havent played other instruments due to inability at left hand, but is it for you too basically you simply know what to do without trying at all?
    (only thing i have to try is predicting when to breath out as to not overwhelm my lungs by whistling too much air in as many songs have long instrumental phaces.)

do you find any connections between your type and how you enjoy it?

I play the guitar, but don't sing much. What I love about it...

It's therapy. For 5 minutes or 5 hours, I can just lose myself. I improvise a lot, don't play too many predetermined songs (barely remember my own songs too), but I create new songs within the moment. I might forget them, but the process is it's own reward.

I don't know what it has to do with type. I don't really have "vision", so you can probably strike out me as a forward thinking N type (even if I do have ideas, they mutate into something else once I actually start playing.).

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I play the guitar, but don't sing much. What I love about it...

It's therapy. For 5 minutes or 5 hours, I can just lose myself. I improvise a lot, don't play too many predetermined songs (barely remember my own songs too), but I create new songs within the moment. I might forget them, but the process is it's own reward.

I don't know what it has to do with type. I don't really have "vision", so you can probably strike out me as a forward thinking N type (even if I do have ideas, they mutate into something else once I actually start playing.).
    yes, i too prefer to create new on the go as a mean to have fun, wonder if thats Ni/Se Se/Ni thing.
    Si/Ne is memory preferance and Ne/Si prob a preferance to be composer, instead of randomly playing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's fun & moves me in my heart, brain & loins
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

garbage

The creativity involved. I record and mash a bunch of stuff together in a recording program and sometimes it sounds pretty neat out the other end.

Sometimes, it's kind of jarring; sometimes, it's not; sometimes there's no actual recording involved; but it's usually fun to do any way I slice it.

Lyrics and words are fun to play around with, too.

Connection to type? This is probably Ne as all hell.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The creativity involved. I record and mash a bunch of stuff together in a recording program and sometimes it sounds pretty neat out the other end.

Sometimes, it's kind of jarring; sometimes, it's not; sometimes there's no actual recording involved; but it's usually fun to do any way I slice it.

Lyrics and words are fun to play around with, too.

Connection to type? This is probably Ne as all hell.
    Ne? no, thats 100% entp style. have one entp ive subscribed to in youtube, theres basically no distinction between you and his style. (not as in musical, but as in base motivation as to how create it.)

but yeah, you can thank your Ne for the energy to do it, while it itself is quite a small proportion of the overall results.

its the Ti which makes you such lyric obsessors in creation. (also Fe, which strives to affect others. through the means of ti. ive actually come to the conclusion, secondary function is more you than any others. it connects your strongest and the backing ability and is solely responsible for the you side leading. while first and third are merely abilities to help the connector into producing something tanglible for the outside world. which would explain why Fe in psychopaths turns into tool instead of empathy like in rest of us.)
    enfp's seem to be about the show of character rather than lyrics, but then infp is the most characteristic obsessed type so shouldnt expect much less from an enfp. (although enfj is the second most character obsessed, after that maybe enfp and infj, although they are more into the abilities section of character than charm section as the two first mentioned.)
    just watch performing enfp's, its the swap of replacing TiFe with FiTe which causes complete motivation direction change. entp influences through influental lyrics and other similar means(use of logic), enfps through inlfuental performance.

for me, i dont care about lyrics to the end ive been singing in russian for over two years. well, i learned to read cyrillics and can navigate 95% on russian sites, but the lyrics? i dont care what they say, i get the feelings and thats enough for me to understand it.
    suppose that makes me an f, eh?
    and thats how i can navigate on russian websites without understanding it, intuition + feeling the words meanings =P, its fun.

"yeaah.. where were i going here? "stratziljum".. hmm.. yeah that option feels good!" (but then, any language created naturally has a core feeling in them, which is why i for example can invent 100% original english words youve never heard yet you instantly know what it means, like outstupid for example. + the context is the key anyways.

while entp's make such lyrics, that id listen them even if i dont like the music itself.

its interesting how cognitive functions can influence the music you create.
    when i do original, my style is just go random(not exactly, but intuition controlled.) until i get a feeling from some certain combination of nodes.

or option b:
    *POPS* so popped a new song in my head, now lets see if its physically possible to replicate this song? (which is impossible as i currently have no other instruments than a microphone, which too, is a stage mic.. although im planning on getting a synth, unless i change mind on the instrument.)

and option c, my favourite:
    listen an instrument for a while, then replicate the nodes in my head and tadah, ive got a new tool to compose with even if i am not to play it, since i can use my inhale whistling to replicate nodes of any string instrument and i love those.

its kind of a ridiculous instrument, but something some choose as its free =)

and if i am to have synth, then i can compose anything a human could possibly imaginate. since synth does everything nonstring what it can and inhale whistling does the strings. an with singing, i can even do that myself.

a one male band, lol.
    well, when population is scarce, have to resort to extreme measures.

which leads to the question, (to all of you):
    do you feel limited as what you can compose in contrast to what you could imaginate?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh i do love to sing, if i could sing in tune i'm convinced i'd be a truely marvellous singer. I love the connection of melody to words strewn out across a field.... oh.. also depends on which type of song. hmm, i think more and come back later.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    which leads to the question, (to all of you):
    do you feel limited as what you can compose in contrast to what you could imaginate?
    Not exactly. My imagination gets stirring within the process of touching an instrument. I used to imagine more.. I had a sort of orchestra in my head that kept me awake at nights, but it died off. I never could approximate what I was hearing anyways. My skills weren't up to the task at the time.

Nowadays, a big part of how I play music is in my body, in my fingers. There's a lot of trial and error too. I hit sour notes, I make mistakes.. but I'm just searching. I'll know what fits when I hear it.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Not exactly. My imagination gets stirring within the process of touching an instrument. I used to imagine more.. I had a sort of orchestra in my head that kept me awake at nights, but it died off. I never could approximate what I was hearing anyways. My skills weren't up to the task at the time.

Nowadays, a big part of how I play music is in my body, in my fingers. There's a lot of trial and error too. I hit sour notes, I make mistakes.. but I'm just searching. I'll know what fits when I hear it.
    yes, i love the feeling when you find something which just feels totally right.
    when i were playing an electric piano at my istp friend, i found one new sound combination of such which sounded very ufo, and now im going to get an instrument of my own.

but i guess that wont really be my primary play style, since im able to compose whole pieces of songs with instruments ive never touched.

but then, im 4w3 so its all about developing my skills into something i can translate for others, as there is little other than some future day i will have use for these skills motivation if i dont poses capability to record them for others.

sure ive voice acted, sung and whistled for few years without much opportunity to show others but that some future day motivation isnt unlimited.
    would be shame to waste my talents.
    oh, but the voice acting ones i do get in frequent use, people just cant not laugh when i can fluently speak video game characters.
    frequent and frequent, not that many people speak english here but the only ones who do are my friends.
    (if you would consider a few times a year frequent..)

@HelenOfTroy

just sing by using your intuition, if you do it enough, your intuition will some day count everything in milli seconds without you even having to do any effort. i do it by concentrating on being a listener of my singing, it either feels good, in which case youve succeeded, or it doesnt, in which case you have to do more.

oh, and what my original purpose to write was:
    yes, ill be waiting! ^_^

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm incredibly shy with my music. I play flute and piccolo, and I typically only do it when I know I'm alone. It's probably the most relaxing thing to me. If I've had a long, stressful day, I'll break out the flute, find some low and slow Irish song and play until I'm exhausted. I've played a few other instruments, but I didn't care for them as much as the flute/piccolo.

I can't really say I've ever thought about a connection to my type/how I enjoy it.... Aside from I'm not comfortable playing in front of anyone else, perhaps the shy introvert in me.