User Tag List

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you un-likeable?

I can be really really annoying but over the years I have learned to obey the word stop. I have always been a likeable person, just at times, really fucking annoying. And I was gonna say more but I forgot.

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

1w2 so/sx

I come across as kind of nicely bland or distant/absent in groups where I feel out of place and can't easily break off into a one on one conversation.

I'm a bit messy and not so good with remembering or taking care of details.

I find it difficult to answer in the moment and tend to overaccommodate or look for common ground first rather than pointing out differences of opinion right away. A lot of people interpret that as being wishy-washy, closed, or annoying.

Some people think my curiosity about people is invasive, a put on act to make people feel good, validation-seeking, or interpret it as being overly dependent on feedback from others.

Sometimes I give unsolicited advice.

I'm not very spontaneous. I like knowing what to expect.

Senior Member Array FunnyDigestion's Avatar

I take credit for the work of others

I steal from people who love me

sometimes when a person's talking to me I blank out & stare unceasingly at the center of their nose bridge
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

4w3 sx/so
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    The only other people I can think of who actively dislike me normally have good reason- ie: I slept with their girlfriend.
    Ok, I lol-ed.

My moods and storminess. It has driven the less adventurous away, which makes me feel like a bad or defective person. I can be *ridiculously* scatterbrained about appointments, phone numbers, etc. I also flee from the phone and hang back when I should be speaking.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P

2w3 so/sx

I'm nosey, loud, useless and relentless.

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    8w7 sx/sp

Too smart, too cold, too obnoxious.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I come across as kind of nicely bland or distant/absent in groups where I feel out of place and can't easily break off into a one on one conversation.
    Same here. I find it hard and exhausting to make myself heard in big groups so I retreat into myself.

Also I often just don't have the energy or patience for small-talk so I instead blank or avoid people which probably comes across as cold.

I have sometimes too high standards that other people can't live up to.

I bounce back and forth between really wanting to get to know another person and needing my own space which may seem schizophrenic, especially when someone is finally opening up but I am in a "Leave me alone" phase and I am keeping the other person at a distance.

I am not good with conflict, it makes me feel physically ill, so I tend to avoid it and instead just put up with things for too long instead of just telling the other person what is wrong.

I'm practically perfect, what's not to like? Lol

OK .. I try not to be so serious all the time and i suppose that could piss people off. I can come across as a snob. I curse a lot. I can be neurotic. I ask a lot of questions at times. I am naive at times. Self discipline is not a strong point. I may appear standoffish to others. I can appear rather cold and aloof. I am indecisive, an idealist and sensitive. I like to be on the go and enthusiastic (I've seen my enthusiasm piss people off which makes little sense to me, whatever!!)

For the most part i don't give a damn what people think. I like all aspects of me
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    there's negative and positive sides to ANY personality trait if you think about it... the qualities that make me likable to others are some of the less pleasant ones towards me personally in a way, while the traits that actually help me succeed the most are the ones that tend to annoy some of my less driven coworkers on a regular basis it depends on the person viewing it as to whether it's good or bad, I guess
    Yup! I wonder if our motivations are critical to our interpretations of what we view as good/bad, or whether it is something farther out of our control.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yup! I wonder if our motivations are critical to our interpretations of what we view as good/bad, or whether it is something farther out of our control.
    I think that, in the end, it all depends on where you are, what you're doing and who is involved... basically good and bad, as far as personality traits go, are completely situational... which brings us to the question of "are there any such things as purely good or bad personality traits or is it all just a mixed bag?"
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett