User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Smile Likeable, Loveable and Adorable

When push comes to shove, I choose my inner life. This does not make me likeable.

I do though adore anyone who chooses their inner life too, and so in the nature of things, they tend to adore me too.

Libeable is nice. I make people laugh. People confide in me. But few like me. A few though love me. But I am waiting, I am waiting for my soul mate to adore me as I adore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When push comes to shove, I choose my inner life. This does not make me likeable.

I do though adore anyone who chooses their inner life too, and so in the nature of things, they tend to adore me too.

Libeable is nice. I make people laugh. People confide in me. But few like me. A few though love me. But I am waiting, I am waiting for my soul mate to adore me as I adore them.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I have no idea.
    You're genuine, very personable, sincere, and a real man. Not a robot, not a lion, not a mule.

A true man.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I generally make a lot of effort to understand people and so people appreciate it when I listen and pay attention. I tend to stay calm when other people get upset and that sometimes calms them down.

Even though I can sometimes get fed up with certain behaviors, my primary perspective towards people is based on a philosophy of non-judgment. I think people are highly complex, but still deterministic systems and for every behavior, every effect, there are a complex set of conditions that are the cause. In this way whether someone is a mentally ill homeless person, a corporate executive, an angry internet poster, or a sensitive and kindhearted person, it is all part of the whole of humanity. Each instance is what humanity looks like when subjected to that set of genetic and environmental conditions. I'm the result of another set of conditions. This perspective helps to free me from judgment and condescension at any point in time I am comprehending it - which at some point I hope to be consistent. Maybe it is what I value most about myself, but I think other people sense it and have responded positively to it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

My honesty, above all.
    Of course, more people dislike honesty than like it, but it certainly sifts the wheat from the chaff.
    I never do anything to make myself more likeable, the very idea is repugnant to me.
    Sometimes I have to go to considerable lengths to make someone I dislike stop liking me. Because it's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've been told I'm a good listener, my sense of humour appeals to some people, others like the fact that I speak my mind and they dont need to ever guess what I'm thinking or feeling. I have an interest in others and its not difficult for me to display unconditional positive regard when I choose to, both of those things appeal to most people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This thread has comedic potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I imagine that it has to do with my personality (no, not just being an INFP 6); I'm quite warm-hearted and kind, my external demeanor is one of being friendly and expressing inner emotions through various emoticons. I'm also helpful in many things; I assist others with typings, problems, and other various things in an unconditional manner. Now as for whether such skills are entirely innate or developed through practice, I do not really know nor do I care. All that is important is that I am what I am, the origin isn't that relevant. And as for enjoying these qualities, I love em.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've been thinking about this for a while. And I feel like although I have been told I am likeable and tend not to get negative feedback directed my way, that I can't come up with many reasons for why I'm perceived this way - or, anything I come up with is obviously going to be my own perception which might be far off from the 'real' reasons people find me likeable.

I think that I am genuine and honest. A friend recently told me I am 'direct but tactful', which kind of surprised me; didn't realize I was direct. [How much do I NOT realize about myself and how I come across?] I also think that in the workplace, I come across somewhat refreshingly.. based on how I seem to have good working relationships / ability to work with people, and people tend to trust my judgement and want to work with me. Maybe too it's because I really don't have any hidden motives, and I don't go around pretending to like people/connect with people if I don't really want to talk to them - there are a number of people at work who I don't make any effort whatsoever to build relationships with; however when I AM working with them / talking to them, I treat them respectfully to accomplish the tasks at hand. Also, I think in many ways I am transparent, which eases people... I'll make jokes now and then, I might laugh all of a sudden, I acknowledge other peoples' points, I'm just... Me. Try to be myself at all times.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

FigerPuppet

People like me because I'm so good.