User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 255

  1. #121
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Killing something that with a big rifle that can hardly defend themselves in order to feel powerful? sounds like cowardice to me.
    Bambi can kill you.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #122
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sure if you have the resources, time, and money for that. Eating organic is also a much better solution for humans as well.. but not everyone can afford those sort of things..
    This argument is just plain fail beans, lentils and eggs are much cheaper than most forms of meat and much healthier for you and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to go to the local supermarket and buy these foods.



    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    You first. Let me know how that goes for you.. Even barring anything legal, let me know how healthy you are from eating other humans. Usually animals who are cannibalistic don't live to be 80+ years of age either.

    It doesn't fuck up my nervous system to eat a cow. It does if I eat a human. Why is it every pro-vegan person throws this argument out there? There are animals that eat ONLY ONE certain kind of fruit and THATS it.. And no one tries to argue with that animal on why they choose to eat what they eat, or convince them that they should eat grass instead of fruit. Go tell lions to stop eating meat even though they were designed for it, let me know how that turns out.

    If the argument is that animal lives and human lives are on par with each other.. then why is it I'm the only one that gets preached at for eating meat? Because I, technically, have the option of not eating meat? So does any other omnivore.. But they still eat it.
    So your argument is that you don't eat humans because they are unhealthy for you and would make you feel physically sick. Nothing still morally wrong with eating humans though right? good. No one tried to argue with the animal not to eat meat because they live in a sate of survival, first world country humans don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    They aren't lesser. I don't think of animals as beneath me.. But between them and me, I'm going to choose me.
    Choose them or beans, lentills, and eggs.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'm sure they'd do the exact same thing. Why is it that just because I eat them I have to assume they're not worth shit?
    So if an alien race that came from another planet were more technologically advanced and intelligent than us decided to eat us you would still feel like you were worth something. You're right you would be worth the meat on the your bones.

  3. #123
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly On The Loose View Post
    Humans are omnivores, which means that their diet is meant to include both plants and meat. All in all, if you want to avoid eating animals, that's fine by me, even though I don't agree with you, but it should be done only after the body fully matures, since animal products are necessary for development. But if you happen to be a parent, DO NOT force your children to accept vegetarianism. They need meat to properly develop, and denying it to them is child abuse, pure and simple. Not to mention the idiots who feed their cats and dogs with soy instead of meat.
    This is total bullshit.

  4. #124
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This argument is just plain fail beans, lentils and eggs are much cheaper than most forms of meat and much healthier for you and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to go to the local supermarket and buy these foods.
    Sure. In America that's fine. I'm talking on a global scale. Out here in the desert it takes a LOT of precious resources to grow things. We don't have a big fancy salad bar, we're grateful to have the vegetables and fruits we do get, most of them exported.

    So your argument is that you don't eat humans because they are unhealthy for you and would make you feel physically sick. Nothing still morally wrong with eating humans though right? good. No one tried to argue with the animal not to eat meat because they live in a sate of survival, first world country humans don't.
    Cats kill things without eating them all the time just for play. I don't think that's a state of survival mode they do it for. Animals just eat what they're born to eat. Humans were born to consume both. It's just that simple.

    I eat beans, lentils and eggs. I eat many fruits and vegetables. I just don't limit my diet to only those things because I think Tigers are cool.

    So if an alien race that came from another planet were more technologically advanced and intelligent than us decided to eat us you would still feel like you were worth something. You're right you would be worth the meat on the your bones.
    I'd think that I was no different from where I am now, regardless of the situation changing. When a fish eats a fly, it doesn't think that the fly is beneath it somehow, or over it. Its a chain and a cycle..

    Just out of curiosity.. are you trolling on purpose or are you just very very pro-animal-life?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  5. #125
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    First things first...
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think Tigers are cool.
    <----

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No I don't feel this way, and that is not the point I was trying to convey. Most people in western society and first world countries hunt for sport.
    I'm sure someone's already mentioned it, but although most people in first world countries hunt (and fish) for sport, all that I've ever met who hunt for sport *also* eat the meat -- it's not a simple matter of killing for fun, letting out a big "Yee-Haw!" and letting the corpses rot in the woods. And you can't discount the fact that hunters are, on average, in favor of things like environmental protections, etc. -- which are doubtless good for animals.

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    In a way eating meat causes the inhumane treatment of animals because of mass production. So many people eat meat therefore as a company we must compete with our competitors and offer meat that are fatter juicier and at a lower price. Pumping a chicken with steroids in a cage is the best way to beat the competition.
    You certainly have a point here -- industrialized meat production is a pretty awful, unhealthy enterprise for all concerned. No arguments from me there. But to equate that to saying that it's immoral to eat meat, period, doesn't compute. A more reasonable conclusion would be that we need to pay more attention to the sources of our food, and consume in a manner that's more reflective of an environmentally healthy viewpoint. It's also important to note that non-industrial meat is demonstrably better for you and (often) tastier. I don't eat a lot of meat -- maybe a chicken sandwich once a week at most. I think I've bought beef once in the last 3-4 years, and I ordered it directly from a ranch in Montana -- all grass-fed, no feedlots, antibiotics, etc. And *wow* -- it was really, really good. But it cost significantly more than corn-fed, antibiotic-pumped, feedlot beef (thanks to subsidies, etc. -- but let's not get into that here). I'd buy from that ranch again in a second -- but only for special occasions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #126
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sure. In America that's fine. I'm talking on a global scale. Out here in the desert it takes a LOT of precious resources to grow things. We don't have a big fancy salad bar, we're grateful to have the vegetables and fruits we do get, most of them exported.
    Not true at all meat in general is more expensive to harvest and grow than vegetables, beans and other sources most people don't live in a desert.


    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Cats kill things without eating them all the time just for play. I don't think that's a state of survival mode they do it for. Animals just eat what they're born to eat. Humans were born to consume both. It's just that simple.
    No, it's not that simple. Cats live in a mode of survival their state of mind is eat or be eaten because they do not know any better unlike first world country humans who are fully aware of the choices they have.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'd think that I was no different from where I am now, regardless of the situation changing. When a fish eats a fly, it doesn't think that the fly is beneath it somehow, or over it. Its a chain and a cycle..
    So long as you accept that it's still moral for the aliens to harvest you, your family and everyone you know in a cage for food.

  7. #127
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Speak for urself, u aint Thomas edison
    A spear is actually an immensely complicated machine

    It is a wonder we ever conceived such a wonder of technology

  8. #128
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    So long as you accept that it's still moral for the aliens to harvest you, your family and everyone you know in a cage for food.
    "Do unto others" still applies to "more rational" aliens. Rational is still just rational, otherwise you're saying we have the right to harvest and eat humans who are less rational than we are.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #129
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Better question would be why do humans still kill humans.

  10. #130
    Member Grizzly On The Loose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESTp
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    This is total bullshit.
    Explain.
    ENTJ 5w6 so/sp SLE

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Why do INTJ still keep in touch with their exes... too much?
    By ImNoBozo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 06:52 PM
  2. Why do you hate humanity?
    By Agent Jelly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 10:41 PM
  3. why do we still have daylight savings time?
    By miss fortune in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
  4. Why Do Girls Leave Their Hair Around Like Wild Animals?
    By nomadic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO