User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    So because animals and humans are equivalent in your eyes, it'd be moral to stalk, hunt and kill other humans for food if you were starving?
    I'd go hunt the animals first though because of my human bias. Don't tell me you wouldn't lick your lips to the fattest human in the group if you were starving he wouldn't even be able to run away.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Wow bro, confused disgusting with caring?
    well if you actually feel disgusted then something about it bothers you...

also:
    One of my best friends is an absolute fat shit cause he eats like a pig, he knows it, I know it and we both joke about it.
    did you actually just use the some of my best friends are fat shits who eat like pigs line? :p

that's awesome.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I once tried to fight a doberman in a fair fight, but he used his big fangs on me, that coward.
    Now you know how it feels.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Well the psychological motivations can be based on cowardice; that is to say some people hunt because subconsciously it is a way to make themselves feel more powerful, and thus safer. However I imagine that such desire for domination can be brought about an inate feeling of bloodlust and possibly madness.
    I would much rather go paint balling, there's a sport where you can shoot and not have anything killed in the process.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    ok...some people hold strong to their values. Others have "situations" where its ok. Sounds like a ethical sliding scale and that is where your "ethics" twists upside down where as other peoples ethics twist at other areas along the scale. Basically goes from "unethical" to "ethical".
    How is still not ok though? I don't see the sliding difference. In a state of survival you are either the hunter or the prey in either case someone is going to have to take the cake might as well be you.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Now you know how it feels.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    well if you actually feel disgusted then something about it bothers you...

also:

did you actually just use the some of my best friends are fat shits who eat like pigs line? :p

that's awesome.
    You seem to not be able to differentiate...

Disgust isn't a feeling, its simply disgust, it can be LINKED to a feeling but doesn't have to be

Are you seriously trying to say that you can't find the idea of obesity disgusting but at the same time not give a fuck about opposing it?

It's not my problem, why should I care? Doesn't mean I don't think its shit to treat ones body that way

You don't have to actually give a shit about what happens to people to have an opinion

For example it's my opinion that the sun is hot, doesn't mean I care about the heat or am going to try and shoot the sun down with a crossbow

So please stop your semantics, they are ridiculous, tiring, captious and somewhat troll-worthy

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Society

back to topic:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9oB4zpHww&t=1m27s"]related to the topic between 1:27m- 2:10m[/YOUTUBE]

basically: beyond the pragmatic reality that allows us to do so (the animals don't have the tools to rise against us), and beyond the question of why is there a market for meat and animal products, and while many people like me probably aren't interested in the question beyond the conceptual level (if there was human meat on the table i'd at least give it a try), and others who might be emotionally disgusted by the thought are still quite capable of choosing not to think about what dinner used to look like, for those more ideal-oriented and more emotionally-involved in their decision making, there seems to be a hierarchy of empathy. other people naturally get more empathy then animals, and animals with big cute eyes gets more empathy then other animals.

So please stop your semantics, they are ridiculous, tiring, captious and somewhat troll-worthy
    meh, it was more of a questioning and digging into how you experience disgust, but if you don't want to play that's fine.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Nope you can get plenty of other protein sources.
    Sure if you have the resources, time, and money for that. Eating organic is also a much better solution for humans as well.. but not everyone can afford those sort of things..

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Killing animals is definitely the same thing as killing humans, yep.

HMM the difference is tiny you're right I think it's a better idea if humans started eating each other or would that be immoral? maybe babies? they can't really speak like humans.
    You first. Let me know how that goes for you.. Even barring anything legal, let me know how healthy you are from eating other humans. Usually animals who are cannibalistic don't live to be 80+ years of age either.

It doesn't fuck up my nervous system to eat a cow. It does if I eat a human. Why is it every pro-vegan person throws this argument out there? There are animals that eat ONLY ONE certain kind of fruit and THATS it.. And no one tries to argue with that animal on why they choose to eat what they eat, or convince them that they should eat grass instead of fruit. Go tell lions to stop eating meat even though they were designed for it, let me know how that turns out.

If the argument is that animal lives and human lives are on par with each other.. then why is it I'm the only one that gets preached at for eating meat? Because I, technically, have the option of not eating meat? So does any other omnivore.. But they still eat it.

why is an animal so much of a lesser being than a human when evidence has shown otherwise?
    They aren't lesser. I don't think of animals as beneath me.. But between them and me, I'm going to choose me. I'm sure they'd do the exact same thing. Why is it that just because I eat them I have to assume they're not worth shit?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge