User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    what is the purpose of killing animals? Why do millions of animals die each year for the sake of human consumption? Why have people become so obessed with fast food? What makes an animals less of a being than humans? They can smell,touch, think, dream they can understand language.
    What is the purpose of killing plants?

@Rasofy

Damnit, didn't know there was 11 pages to this thing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    What is the purpose of killing plants?

Rasofy
    Not sure if the question was aimed to me but, besides the wood we get from trees, there are some food that were actually living plants, and not the byproducts of a plant.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESTp

Humans are omnivores, which means that their diet is meant to include both plants and meat. All in all, if you want to avoid eating animals, that's fine by me, even though I don't agree with you, but it should be done only after the body fully matures, since animal products are necessary for development. But if you happen to be a parent, DO NOT force your children to accept vegetarianism. They need meat to properly develop, and denying it to them is child abuse, pure and simple. Not to mention the idiots who feed their cats and dogs with soy instead of meat.
    ENTJ 5w6 so/sp SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Not sure if the question was aimed to me but, besides the wood we get from trees, there are some food that were actually living plants, and not the byproducts of a plant.
    Was not directed at you, was directed at Jix, Just found out everyone had my idea already (can thank not checking how many pages are in the thread.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Was not directed at you, was directed at Jix, Just found out everyone had my idea already (can thank not checking how many pages are in the thread.)
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly On The Loose View Post
    All in all, if you want to avoid eating animals, that's fine by me, even though I don't agree with you, but it should be done only after the body fully matures, since animal products are necessary for development. But if you happen to be a parent, DO NOT force your children to accept vegetarianism. They need meat to properly develop, and denying it to them is child abuse, pure and simple. Not to mention the idiots who feed their cats and dogs with soy instead of meat.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

So it feels good for someone to dominate another creature not for the sake of consumption or survival but because it's gives them the feeling of dominance and power over another creature. Sounds like a coward to me.
    Well the psychological motivations can be based on cowardice; that is to say some people hunt because subconsciously it is a way to make themselves feel more powerful, and thus safer. However I imagine that such desire for domination can be brought about an inate feeling of bloodlust and possibly madness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think all of the good arguments have been made already: Animals eat each other & aren't considered unethical for doing so; eating your own kind is shown to have serious BAD consequences, but eating another kind is the way of nature; humans are the top of the food chain (mainly due to vastly superior intelligence); plants are alive also & technically "feel pain"; and eating meat doesn't have to mean inhumane treatment of animals (I DO think many people would prefer happy livestock) nor does it have to mean eating excessive amounts.

I have a few things to add:
    - B12 is essential, is found in bacteria in soil (something like that) & is primarily consumed by humnans via animal products. Many vegans must take a B12 supplement to be healthy. If you have to take a supplement to your diet or use some very unusual, specialized source (ie. some kind of yeast stuff), then I'd say it's not "natural".
    - The human digestive system most closely resembles a pig's, not an ape's. Pigs are omnivores; they eat both meat & plants. The intestines, teeth, etc, support this as natural.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Well the psychological motivations can be based on cowardice; that is to say some people hunt because subconsciously it is a way to make themselves feel more powerful, and thus safer. However I imagine that such desire for domination can be brought about an inate feeling of bloodlust and possibly madness.
    Let me guess, you just watched Spartacus, right?
    -----------------

-----------------

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Let me guess, you just watched Spartacus, right?
    How'd ya guess?

MBTI
    INTJ

Killing something that with a big rifle that can hardly defend themselves in order to feel powerful? sounds like cowardice to me.
    I once tried to fight a doberman in a fair fight, but he used his big fangs on me, that coward.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.