User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Or would you simply be pleased never to hear from them again?

I would prefer never hearing from them again. It is enough that I have finally exorcised those particular demons. It would be pointless to revisit something like this wherein I would feel obligated to feel something when I have finally dissolved the moments down into nothing.

garbage

We were all stupid back then. In the process of growing up, we invariably step on the toes of other people.

So, no, I don't particularly care for an apology.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I had my moments of horribleness in secondary school and at one point i became the bully. I did feel terrible guilt with regards to my treatment to one girl who was so quiet and reserved. Recently she sent me a friend request on Facebook which i accepted and i wrote this message to her ..

Hi. Thank you for the friend request. You've popped into my thoughts over the years as i was horrible to you in secondary school and it was totally unnecessary. For that i am sincerely sorry for my actions. Just took a quick look through your pics and you seem very happy. Good for you

I still have her as a friend even though i think she's ignorant and stupid.

Edit - I don't need an apology from the girl who tormented my life for 5 months in Secondary school
    Last edited by Saslou; 02-29-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Forgot the important part :doh:
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Or would you simply be pleased never to hear from them again?
    I would simply be veeery pleased to never hear from them again. I'm fine with that. I'd rather hear from people who I care about.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I was severely bullied all through school. For the most part I don't want an apology and honestly never want to see 99% of them ever again. It's not that I still feel resentment towards them, I don't (I do feel general resentment that it happened to me but not toward individuals), it's because of the level of hurt that has been inflicted on me. The wounds were so deep and the scar tissue enduring, and I don't want to be around the people who caused them. I don't care why they did it, if they feel sorry for what they did or whether they turned their life around - the damage is done and cannot be undone.

I might, however, find an apology from the bystanders to be valuable - particularly teachers and other adults who stood by and let it happen but also the other students. It might make me feel better if some said, "what happened to you was wrong. I feel I should have done more about it". I feel so often like people think it's no big deal (both then and in retrospect), it would re-assure me to have others validated my experience.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't really recall ever being bullied.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

An odd thing somewhat related to the topic happened a number of months ago when a friend of mine posted a facebook picture from middle school with a few of his friends, and the caption read "RIP Eric"

I looked at the image, one of the kids was this dick who bullied me around in 6th grade; we're talking about a real high quality asshole here.
    Well, the kid i hated's name was Joel, so he couldn't have been the one to pass. No problem for me, I didn't know any of the other people in the picture besides them two anyways.

It wasn't until a few posts down that I learned his name was Joel Eric Maldonado, and that he was gunned down less than a mile away from my house.

It was a bittersweet realization. Waaaay more bitter than sweet, though.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I wasn't really bullied (besides the occasional fucker yelling something from a car, but everyone had to endure that), but I imagine that if I were, I wouldn't really like to be forced to recall a bunch of bullshit from way back when. Even if it were to apologize. Plus, while I understand that people are scarred by this shit, I think that, if I were a bully wishing to apologize, I would feel selfish for (1) assuming that I had enough of an effect for them to remember and/or care, and (2) imposing myself on them again by reminding them of things that, at best, they'd probably not like to dwell on.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, the true bullies never stop bullying. Most "mild" people just moved on toward senior year for me, and they obviously had self esteem issues which I understood. As for the true bullies... well... I got them back, sometimes in a permanent way, and I'd never want to see them again because I know how they would react.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'd like to know somehow that they changed and could feel remorse for such things, that they no longer treat people that way, but I'd rather not be in contact personally.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)