User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't really want or need an apology, but I would be curious to know whether any of them later came to regret their behavior, and if so, how this came about.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't really want or need an apology, but I would be curious to know whether any of them later came to regret their behavior, and if so, how this came about.
    +1

...and nice quote.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ...I wonder if Kitty Pryde ever threw rocks as a child..
    She was Jewish and a geek gurl, I got the impression she was the one bullied if anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I can identify with that statement.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I had one once. There hadn't actually been a major bullying campaign, but there'd been an ugly incident or two. I bumped into him a few years later in a shop where he was working and he said "sorry for being such a jerk back in junior high." I was very surprised and quite touched, actually. We'd already said an amicable hello at that point and that would have been sufficient, but I thought it was thoughtful of him. Plus, I'd slightly contributed to the situation by saying a few unpleasant things behind his back, so when he proferred the apology I said "oh, thanks, but you know, I think I might have been a bit of a jerk too."

This was fairly minor, though. Although I was the target of some bullying at school, generally it wasn't really frightening or horrible or sustained, just a bit unpleasant and intimidating at times.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I get really bitter over that stuff. I've literally wanted them to die a slow and painful death before. Pretty immature of me really, guess I should learn to let things go.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    GONE

I actually did get an apology from one guy who was kinda the generic loud empty headed dick in high school. most peole probably had one (or were one, ha!) I think it's partly how boys are encouraged to be and their slow maturity.

The apology was unexpected and kinda weird as it came via his brother who was dating my friend...and/or maybe it did come from himas well when we were all hanging out...dang did I get 2 apologies??

Anyhow It was basically "im really sorry, I was a stupid kid then, I don't even know why I Said and did the things I did then" And it was recent, just 1 or 2 years into college. it made me uncomfortable at the time as I also didn't trust the motive and I didn't want to be reminded of that recent unpleasant memory in a new time basically. It's...jarring?

More recently though I saw his "social networking" site and I was shocked. Where once was this loud, mean, but vibrant good looking guy was this really sedate, boring/bored looking guy who was no longer so good looking...also he got fat. this is not about "vengeance" etc etc. Its more that it was like "wow., you are a totally different person now" and regardless of receiving his earlier apology, it just reframed things and pinged me back to the present context.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I was NEVER a bully and wan't really bullied in any sense (except one girl in HS that said alot of shitty remarks).. but I have had regrets about things I said to my first boyfriend (very tumultuous relation) out of anger, and also some not rude, but rather unaware comments I've made to a few of my friends when younger. Some might think it is silly to even get caught up on this.. but it has affected me greatly. With the boyfriend, I actually dreamt about some of our fighting even 2-3 years later.. which resulted in me sending him an odd, out of no-where email about this. I didn't expect his forgiveness at all.. but it was VERY important for me to apologize and let him know that the mean things I had said were NOT true or deserved, and that I was being a rude little shit, overwhelmed by hurt and anger.

When any of my relationships, romatic or platonic have parted ways.. even if I have been on the receiving end of more crap than I kicked out, I still feel compelled to apologize for any harsh actions or words. I do not like carrying around bad feelings with people.. and I suppose this is a closure for me.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yeah, I've never been a bully either...or at least not for more than a few minutes a handful of times; I don't want to make myself sound perfect and I think there were a few things I joined in with that I shouldn't have.

However, I definitely have said things I regret and kind of want to apologise for...like, I can think of one close to fifteen years ago. It was aimed at a girl who'd just married a guy I had previously liked, and although I didn't mean it as more than a tiny bit snarky, or me trying to be witty and failing, it actually sounded super-bitchy and mean. She definitely noticed it, too.

It's weird how these things work. Both halves of that couple have probably forgotten my existence, but if I had a chance I'd kind of like to apologise to her. I've had a few moments like that. Not many, but there are dumb/mean things I've said that occasionally come back to haunt me and I really hope that at least the person on the receiving end has forgotten. (Most likely they have or at least don't think it's a big deal.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She was Jewish and a geek gurl, I got the impression she was the one bullied if anything!

My hatred for the X-Men is clouding my judgement!
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

No, I prefer my righteous contempt to their late relief.