User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I have a water supply in case of malfunction, as the building doesn't have a backup reservoir, and some canned or dry food supplies in general. I've encountered a pamphlet once, giving tips for keeping extra supplies in case of emergency, think mostly due to the economic crisis, and possible food supply shortage from rushes to the supermarket. I thought it was neat and toke some pics. Other than that, we live in a pretty quiet place in terms of possible natural catastrophe occurrence, and overall pacific cultural mindset.

Those are the places I'd imagine the most intense chaos would ensue if some catastrophic event DID occur..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I have a water supply in case of malfunction, as the building doesn't have a backup reservoir, and some canned or dry food supplies in general. I've encountered a pamphlet once, giving tips for keeping extra supplies in case of emergency, think mostly due to the economic crisis, and possible food supply shortage from rushes to the supermarket. I thought it was neat and toke some pics. Other than that, we live in a pretty quiet place in terms of possible natural catastrophe occurrence, and overall pacific cultural mindset.
    fucking hippy
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I have the bare minimum necessary: 5 litres of water, torches, sleeping bags etc.

However I have started to think more about this stuff with the major earthquakes that have occurred in my country in the last 15 months. They happened in a city but some people had to go without clean water for 6-8 weeks, power for 2-4 months, gas for 2-3 months and some went over 9 months without sewage. Some even had these briefly re-established only for them to be cut in the aftershocks; forcing them to endure many more months without them. I think many people spent weeks cooking on their barbeques - so perhaps it's a good idea to keep the gas topped up and keep some canned food stored. Also many had big cracks and holes in their houses that let in the open air and then had to endure a cold winter with not much in the way of heating.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Those are the places I'd imagine the most intense chaos would ensue if some catastrophic event DID occur..
    This is quite possible. There was a big earthquake in 1775 that caused havoc, as we're close to the Eurasian tectonic plate's edge. Otherwise, there's no other track record of natural phenomena occurring, and we don't have nuclear power plants [yet]. The closest are the Spanish, but still a bit far to cause panic in case of meltdown, I think.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This is quite possible. There was a big earthquake in 1775 that caused havoc, as we're close to the Eurasian tectonic plate's edge. Otherwise, there's no other track record of natural phenomena occurring, and we don't have nuclear power plants [yet]. The closest are the Spanish, but still a bit far to cause panic in case of meltdown, I think.
    Sounds like you're well overdue, friend.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Sounds like you're well overdue, friend.

I'm good, thanks.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm good, thanks.
    You're prepared, then. Good.

You're prepared, then. Good.
    I'm always prepared to improvise and adapt.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm always prepared to improvise and adapt.
    Yeah, everyone should be, actually. Kits and such are a nice leg-up, but sometimes what counts is moment to moment adaptation for survival, and there's no telling when circumstances necessitating that may arise. Best to work on that, daily.

figsfiggyfigs

I did. But moving about so much has made it difficult to take things with me all the time. I am starting over again. I bought a emergency space blanket yesterday, and I'm hoping to collect more things along the way. It is sort of silly, considering I'm never really near the initialization of a survivor scenario, but it is a bit of fun as well to prepare.