User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 22

  1. #1
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default The Death of Personality Nation

    Does anyone care to speculate on what happened?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #2
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    A lot of the regulars stopped posting, and people started to suddenly agree with each other on a lot of topics. Lots of arguing stopped, lol. Lots of people are on there, but hardly anyone replies! It's weird.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #3
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    What exactly do you mean by "death"?

    I never found it very good...

    Not enough posting.

  4. #4
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    A lot of the regulars stopped posting, and people started to suddenly agree with each other on a lot of topics. Lots of arguing stopped, lol. Lots of people are on there, but hardly anyone replies! It's weird.
    I think the best part about the site were the stickies/descriptions, but those just encourage reading, not necessarily discourse. Meanwhile, the heavies seem to have gotten bored and/or agree, so conversation dropped off and there wasn't anything to respond to. There just isn't enough inflow to suck in those who are better responders than initiators.

    Plus, I really did feel like the fighting was intense for some time, without the population to ride it out. It's funny, but the stricter sites seem to thrive better. People know what to expect and what they are investing in, and they know their investment will endure; the wild west sites tend to just cater to the few scrappers out there, and everyone else finds another place to invest... kind of like expecting a lake ecology to survive when you let the few large predators eat/drive off all the other fish. (It's a pyramid, and you need a lot of the little peaceful fish in order to keep the cycle going.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #5
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Plus, I really did feel like the fighting was intense for some time, without the population to ride it out. It's funny, but the stricter sites seem to thrive better. People know what to expect and what they are investing in, and they know their investment will endure; the wild west sites tend to just cater to the few scrappers out there, and everyone else finds another place to invest... kind of like expecting a lake ecology to survive when you let the few large predators eat/drive off all the other fish. (It's a pyramid, and you need a lot of the little peaceful fish in order to keep the cycle going.)
    This is interesting...

    Presumably, I would be considered a "scrapper".

    What would be your take on why the site did not interest me?

  6. #6
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    As an extra note, I stopped posting there some time ago. I just found the site uninteresting, discussion-wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    What would be your take on why the site did not interest me?
    I don't really know, and I don't really care.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #7
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think the best part about the site were the stickies/descriptions, but those just encourage reading, not necessarily discourse. Meanwhile, the heavies seem to have gotten bored and/or agree, so conversation dropped off and there wasn't anything to respond to. There just isn't enough inflow to suck in those who are better responders than initiators.

    Plus, I really did feel like the fighting was intense for some time, without the population to ride it out. It's funny, but the stricter sites seem to thrive better. People know what to expect and what they are investing in, and they know their investment will endure; the wild west sites tend to just cater to the few scrappers out there, and everyone else finds another place to invest... kind of like expecting a lake ecology to survive when you let the few large predators eat/drive off all the other fish. (It's a pyramid, and you need a lot of the little peaceful fish in order to keep the cycle going.)
    That's a pretty interesting theory. I wonder what happens when there are only scrappers left. They'd probably take trolling to another level.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  8. #8
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This is interesting...

    Presumably, I would be considered a "scrapper".

    What would be your take on why the site did not interest me?
    . Too slow

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  9. #9
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    That's a pretty interesting theory. I wonder what happens when there are only scrappers left. They'd probably take trolling to another level.
    It'll just be more of the same.

  10. #10

    Default

    I really haven't been there that much, but like was mentioned it seems to encourage reading. It's got a high entry level feel to it as well.

Similar Threads

  1. The Death of the Republican Party, Stardate Unknown
    By Wind Up Rex in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 01:58 PM
  2. The Novelty of Personality Types
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 06:43 PM
  3. Web 2.0 - the death of culture?
    By Langrenus in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO