MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Why not?
    I'm not extremely well researched on the subject, but I've read that scientists have pinpointed the specific gene responsible for causing psychopathy (though sociopathy is a little more complicated and less clearly defined).
    oh and by the way, we are all 99.9% identical genetically, but we also share about 50% of our DNA with bananas. in this instance, the gene for psychopathy is a tiny genetic variation that can make a HUGE difference.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I like revenge because:
    - it's fun
    - you show them who's boss
    - other people see that you are willing to take drastic punitive action and are less likely to fuck with you

personally revenge has only brought me feelings of victory and maniacally "mwahaha I'm so powerful!" laughter. then again, if I've going to be taking revenge on you, rest assured that you deserve it
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

garbage

"Success" in the "I am constantly focusing on self-improvement and, in the process, I will have moved past the hurt caused to me by the other" sense, or in the "I'm going to actively try to do better than the other person just to show him up and boost my own ego, having made the whole thing about him" sense? I'll give you two completely different answers depending on how we truly want to define success.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Success takes too much time, smack em wit a brick
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think you're thinking in too much of a first-world context, like "kids made fun of me on the playground-- I'll show em!" The best revenge on that is to not even give a shit. But if the situation is drug lords & paramilitaries murdering your family members, revenge is more visceral.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm just going to recoin it and make it: Success is better than revenge. That's a good motto, there.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I like revenge because:
    - it's fun
    - other people see that you are willing to take drastic punitive action and are less likely to fuck with you
    personally revenge has only brought me feelings of victory and maniacally "mwahaha I'm so powerful!" laughter. then again, if I've going to be taking revenge on you, rest assured that you deserve it
    to elaborate, I love infrequent conflict and revenge is a great way to get back at your "nemesis" so to speak. generally I am not a very competitive person (such pursuits consume too much of my energy), but revenge (though not something I tend to fixate on) is one time where I very much enjoy being competitive and destroying my enemy. I don't believe in an eye for an eye; I prefer an eye for 2 eyes
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

It's proven to be the best revenge yet. Refer to any books about "success" and "power".

violaine

I don't know if this falls under the umbrella of success, but I prefer to think that a life well lived is the best revenge, for want of a better word. And I say for want of a better word because I think taking revenge often takes too much time and effort. It's so much better to just dwell above it and not let it affect you.

I'm not really inclined towards revenge though. I worry about how verbally brutal I could be in the moment. And it involves people in something that's annoying and pointless for much longer than need be. I remember being steaming mad when a friend ripped me off for $20 when I was about 15. Not a big deal now obviously. At the time, my father said, well, look at it like this: That person was going to take some advantage sooner or later. You got them out of your life for $20. I thought that was brilliant advice. I figure more often than not, crappity behavior comes home to roost. I'm happy just not having to deal with a person anymore. I'm very conscious of the amount of energy I expend on something - I need all the energy I have to chase my dreams and goals.

I have dipped a toe into the revenge pool once or twice, (well, the kiddie pool, nothing serious at all). It feels better to be a snooty-above-it-all-ice-queen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I like revenge because:
    - it's fun

*runs and hides* :panic:
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥