User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Unfortunately, based on your logic, your mind is imperfect, and thus your argument is wrong.
    Come on, Zarathustra. Your ego isn't big enough to justify belief of your words by rote alone. Nor are you perfect.

So let's hear your logic against mine .

INTJs are the mastermind..this will be a piece of cake for you.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    How about sociopath serial killers?
    Why not?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Why not?
    Watch interviews with notorious serial killers in prison, or read perspectives/conclusions of psychiatrists who've dealt with those people. The vast majority of them still take pleasure in reliving every detail of what they've done. Even those who claim to regret it, have had therapy, ''found god''... when the actual incidents are brought up, disclosing details is an indulgence; they savor the recollection as they savored the moments as they happened.

Not to be harsh, but there is no redemption for people like that.
    The only redemption is a bullet to the back of the head.
    [and maybe donating what's left of their brain to science, actually.]
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Watch interviews with notorious serial killers in prison, or read perspectives/conclusions of psychiatrists who've dealt with those people. The vast majority of them still take pleasure in reliving every detail of what they've done. Even those who claim to regret it, have had therapy, ''found god''... when the actual incidents are brought up, disclosing details is an indulgence; they savor the recollection as they savored the moments as they happened.

Not to be harsh, but there is no redemption for people like that.
    The only redemption is a bullet to the back of the head.
    [and maybe donating what's left of their brain to science, actually.]
    Every person has psychological drives and thought patterns that aren't necessarily tangible, so if one could truly understand the way these people react to things and what made them feel certain emotions, one could apply a proper therapy technique to ease their mind and ease their mind into trances of that would make them influenced by what they were being taught in the proper method so that that they can understand. It's very hard for me to verbalize this, but all I'm basically saying is that it's all about perspective, and that no one person is dispositioned toward only killing, torturing, etc. You have to understand that instincts drive people too, and there is similarity amongst all humans in some regards. Genetically speaking, we are all 99.9% alike.

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Every person has psychological drives and thought patterns that aren't necessarily tangible, so if one could truly understand the way these people react to things and what made them feel certain emotions, one could apply a proper therapy technique to ease their mind and ease their mind into trances of that would make them influenced by what they were being taught in the proper method so that that they can understand. It's very hard for me to verbalize this, but all I'm basically saying is that it's all about perspective, and that no one person is discharged toward only killing, torturing, etc. You have to understand that instincts drive people too, and there is similarity amongst all humans in some regards. Genetically speaking, we are all 99.9% alike.
    Actually there've been many neuropsychiatric studies on this; we are not all alike.

In short, sociopaths have less reactive, or less, mirror neurons, than more 'normal' subjects. These neurons process empathy, essentially. Not all sociopaths will become deranged serial killers, but this is a biological difference that has been noted in the medical community.

Sure, they're sick. So are rabid dogs.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Smile

Every person has psychological drives and thought patterns that aren't necessarily tangible, so if one could truly understand the way these people react to things and what made them feel certain emotions, one could apply a proper therapy technique to ease their mind and ease their mind into trances of that would make them influenced by what they were being taught in the proper method so that that they can understand. It's very hard for me to verbalize this, but all I'm basically saying is that it's all about perspective, and that no one person is discharged toward only killing, torturing, etc. You have to understand that instincts drive people too, and there is similarity amongst all humans in some regards. Genetically speaking, we are all 99.9% alike.
    Wait a minute, 'necessarily tangible'? What are you saying?

Is easing what they need? I thought pathologues intended to do harmful things..

Genetically speaking, I beg your pardon, I don't relate to these or this. Any percentage.

"..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Actually there've been many neuropsychiatric studies on this; we are not all alike.

In short, sociopaths have less reactive, or less, mirror neurons, than more 'normal' subjects. These neurons process empathy, essentially. Not all sociopaths will become deranged serial killers, but this is a biological difference that has been noted in the medical community.

Sure, they're sick. So are rabid dogs.
    They may not have these neurons, but they still are human and have at least some degree of intelligence. That in itself has value when it comes to teaching. Since they cannot feel empathy, they can only operate at level 1 of moral reasoning, so what you would do is convince them that the things they enjoyed doing are "bad" in that they bring about negative feelings -- if you knew how to make them feel that way based on their psychology.

Look, I'm not saying it's worth it or realistic to invest in trying to understand these individuals on that kind of level, but I'm saying that no person is incapable of understanding certain things if it is not an issue of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Wait a minute, 'necessarily tangible'? What are you saying?

Is easing what they need? I thought pathologues intended to do harmful things..

Genetically speaking, I beg your pardon, I don't relate to these or this. Any percentage.

I guess I was wording that funny. I meant that whatever their thoughts and drives are focused on are not always tangible.

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

They may not have these neurons, but they still are human and have at least some degree of intelligence. That in itself has value when it comes to teaching. Since they cannot feel empathy, they can only operate at level 1 of moral reasoning, so what you would do is convince them that the things they enjoyed doing are "bad" in that they bring about negative feelings -- if you knew how to make them feel that way based on their psychology.

Look, I'm not saying it's worth it or realistic to invest in trying to understand these individuals on that kind of level, but I'm saying that no person is incapable of understanding certain things if it is not an issue of intelligence.

I guess I was wording that funny. I meant that whatever their thoughts and drives are focused on are not always tangible.
    The fact that these people DO understand the implications of their actions is why they're rotting in prison, versus in a psychiatric ward. They take measures to prepare and conceal their actions because they are aware of the perception of right and wrong. The sort of training you're suggesting would have to take place very early on in life, and even then, may not be effective. Some of the most sadistic people have come from stable, supportive homes. Most do not want to truly change, and see no benefit from doing so unless the benefit is freedom. They know how to dupe evaluations. Most of these people are not discovered until they have done irreparable damage.

I think it'd be great, ideally, to discover new ways of preventing such personalities from evolving, but, ultimately a waste of resources to try to ''rehabilitate'' the types of people I've described. Some have been in prison for 30+ years, seen countless therapists, and still, cannot change their sadistic desires. Resources spent on them could be put to better use counselling the families they've inflicted pain upon, and promoting general awareness in schools, etc, of 'red flag' behaviors, not to mention scientific research.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Also, returning to the OP, I'd say I tend to agree with the concept of success being the best revenge--although I'd replace the term revenge with resolution.

Being able to rise up and grow past obstacles placed in front of you is without a doubt beneficial for the individual. To me, truly growing past them includes no longer caring, in some ways, how it impacts the person you'd ''feel vengeful,'' toward. I talked about killing serial killers, but ultimately I have no use for revenge, in the sense of inflicting any type of damage upon others. I feel no need for that sort of, gratification.

Perhaps in succeeding, you may inspire the other person to reevaluate their own path, and incite change and growth on both sides. Either way, you come out more enlightened, less burdened. But, ey, I'm an idealist, I guess.

figsfiggyfigs

Also, returning to the OP, I'd say I tend to agree with the concept of success being the best revenge--although I'd replace the term revenge with resolution.

Being able to rise up and grow past obstacles placed in front of you is without a doubt beneficial for the individual. To me, truly growing past them includes no longer caring, in some ways, how it impacts the person you'd ''feel vengeful,'' toward. I talked about killing serial killers, but ultimately I have no use for revenge, in the sense of inflicting any type of damage upon others. I feel no need for that sort of, gratification.

Perhaps in succeeding, you may inspire the other person to reevaluate their own path, and incite change and growth on both sides. Either way, you come out more enlightened, less burdened. But, ey, I'm an idealist, I guess.
    Couldn't have said it myself. I was thinking that the term "revenge" wasn't something I relate to; I find the term "resolution" to be better fitting.