User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yes, my avatar is blonde. I don't know what else you're trying to say.
    I'm just being' giggly. Sorry.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I think I have trouble with making myself clear to people. I didn't mean I believe in justice, I mean that often times, it seems people try to mask vengeance as justice.
    I believe you meant to have a "don't" and a "t" in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Justice..is not fairness, all things considered. Always.
    People don't see all things.
    Justice as defined by people is seldom that. And is never perfect by people.
    So justice as is too often used to describe what approaches fairness, simply can't be made by man. But justice gets replaced by fairness in those minds which are biased. Because of personal bias.
    Unfortunately, based on your logic, your mind is imperfect, and thus your argument is wrong.

figsfiggyfigs

Yes. Pretty much how I've viewed life since highschool.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

In response to the topic:

If you would have asked me a couple of years ago, I would have said that the best revenge is personal, intense, and at least proportional to the reason why revenge was sought.

But I got revenge on someone last year using this model, and even though I felt my reasons were entirely justified, I felt horrible afterwards.

I don't care what your personality type is, when you get justice through damaging means, it won't make you feel good.

I guess being successful is a good revenge, so long as the party who slighted you is not successful. Yesterday even, someone on facebook said something really personal to attack me. I have the ammunition to throw something 10x worse back in their face and hit them on a more personal level, but that would just beckon more trouble. Initially, I was furious, and typed out my venomous response, but I took a breather and came back, and just blocked the person instead. Engaging them by dropping down to their level makes them victorious.

I guess recently I've been discovering the truth behind what "being the bigger man" is: it's peace of mind.
    If I would have replied, I'd still be involved in back-and-forths and threats, and whatnot. That's no way to live.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I believe you meant to have a "don't" and a "t" in there...

Unfortunately, based on your logic, your mind is imperfect, and thus your argument is wrong.
    Well back up your point, INTJ....Where's the reasoning?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It seems you are always on the ultimate stage of every subject.
    The answer to your rep is yes.

Agreed, but I should mention this does not contradict my post.

This is war tactics, not revenge.

This is a desired result, but ultimately out of control. Justice isn't about odds.

Yes.
    I wasnt trying to contradict your post.

I dont really see it as war tactics, perhaps it is, although it relates to the success being the best or most satisfying form of revenge idea.

When I was at school I remember lots of bullies, not just peers but teachers too, now I'm fitter, more motivated, more healthy, more qualified, smarter and better paid than A LOT of them, I'm laughing at them now. A hell of a lot of them have suffered the natural consequences of their behaviour, behaviour which stems directly from character, character which put them at odds with me or made them the kinds of people who would torture or torment others without any qualms of conscience.

This is also the divine retribution for sin, its part of nature and consequences itself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wasnt trying to contradict your post.

I dont really see it as war tactics, perhaps it is, although it relates to the success being the best or most satisfying form of revenge idea.

When I was at school I remember lots of bullies, not just peers but teachers too, now I'm fitter, more motivated, more healthy, more qualified, smarter and better paid than A LOT of them, I'm laughing at them now. A hell of a lot of them have suffered the natural consequences of their behaviour, behaviour which stems directly from character, character which put them at odds with me or made them the kinds of people who would torture or torment others without any qualms of conscience.

This is also the divine retribution for sin, its part of nature and consequences itself.
    Wouldn't you want them to improve their character? Wouldn't you want them to see how they were "in the wrong"? It just seems reasonable to me that it is best to want what's best for everyone rather than just perpetuate the "badness".
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Wouldn't you want them to improve their character? Wouldn't you want them to see how they were "in the wrong"? It just seems reasonable to me that it is best to want what's best for everyone rather than just perpetuate the "badness".
    Some people really are irredeemable. I kid you not. I'm in the professional change for the better business and probably typify optimism of the will and pessimism of the intellect more than my posts would suggest but I dont see much change. For the people who are right living its some consolation to see that at least some of those who are anything but dont prosper as a result.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Some people really are irredeemable. I kid you not. I'm in the professional change for the better business and probably typify optimism of the will and pessimism of the intellect more than my posts would suggest but I dont see much change. For the people who are right living its some consolation to see that at least some of those who are anything but dont prosper as a result.
    No one is irredeemable.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No one is irredeemable.
    How about sociopath serial killers?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.