User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Nah. The best revenge is usually directly proportional.
    When I decide to do something, I like to aim a bit higher than what is required in order to give myself some buffer. I do the same with revenge, by upping my vengence to slightly higher than proportional in case the intended vengence does not cause sufficient damage. This insures that I won't be tempted to avenge the same offense twice, in case I feel that the offender got away too easy.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How is it in less control than reparation?

Everything is about odds.
    Think this way: We don't wait until the criminal dies not having committed the same crime to consider justice has been served. Justice is more tangible than this. It's about repairing the damages and punishing properly.
    Anyhow, you seem to agree with me about keeping people from committing further injustice. Is that not preventative justice, though?
    It's not because we should prevent injustice that it means ''justice''. I just don't think it can be considered an element. It's more like a desirable effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    When I decide to do something, I like to aim a bit higher than what is required in order to give myself some buffer. I do the same with revenge, by upping my vengence to slightly higher than proportional in case the intended vengence does not cause sufficient damage. This insures that I won't be tempted to avenge the same offense twice, in case I feel that the offender got away too easy.
    Wouldn't that make you feel more unfair than the person her/himself?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I just think it's nice to see "you reap what you sow"/poetic justice/karma eventually catch up with people who thought they could get everything they wanted out of life by behaving badly. Sometimes it takes a while, but it 's satisfying to see it at work. (even if I tend to think that strictly speaking I shouldn't be "satisfied" by it - it IS satisfying.)
    You're right one shouldn't be satisfied by it.
    It's the wrong path..it's partially alongside the thing they did that was hurtful...would you have wanted to be a part of that before you knew of it?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    You're right one shouldn't be satisfied by it.
    I get a bit thrown out of whack by my offended sense of justice, especially when it's mixed in with a dose of pain and hurt - that's kind of what it comes down to.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I get a bit thrown out of whack by my offended sense of justice, especially when it's mixed in with a dose of pain and hurt - that's kind of what it comes down to.
    I see what you're saying. I undertand. I've felt this way too.

It's an injustice to oneself if you compare with what your normal life plan is.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

I could never get over the fact that justice just seems to be vengeance disguised as something noble.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I could never get over the fact that justice just seems to be vengeance disguised as something noble.
    Then you don't believe in nobility.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Then you don't believe in nobility.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I think I might have a different interpretation of the meaning of 'nobility'.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I think I might have a different interpretation of the meaning of 'nobility'.
    Pretty sure he's being sarcastic

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Is it true? What do you think?
    Success is the only type of revenge I care to seek. I had a very rewarding success-revenge experience a couple of years ago...

I bought some aftermarket headlights for my '97 Mustang and took them over to the local mechanic for installation. The mechanic told me they required special wiring that was too complicated for their guys to do and anyone that they could find to do it, would charge me a lot of money.

Well, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. All of these guys were defeated by a couple of headlights? or did they want to fleece me?

Well, surely this isn't rocket science. Lots of people have these aftermarket headlights on their Mustangs. All of those thoughts came rushing in my head and made me mad . But I stuffed it back like a good ENTP, and set out to prove something.

Guess what? I don't have any formal training, and I installed those headlights myself, wiring and all. I drove back over to the mechanic to show them off. The guys just stood there with their mouths hanging open. Priceless.

I was so proud, I did a whole 'how to' write up with photos at my favorite mustang forum.