User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have met a couple people from the forum and already liked them online but in person they were much cooler than i realized.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have been told that I am very different in RL but the forum persona shines through here and there. I have found people I've met to be the same way pretty much. It usually takes me time to mesh the online persona with the real person.

Riva

Sadly I have met only 1 forum member in RL. She was just as I imagined her to be. And I very much liked her and continue to have contact with her (on FB).

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There are two people whose impressions in 'real life' were rather different from the ones I got of them online.

The first one was someone who, online, seemed to be funny, easy-going, even relatively interesting. In real life, he was very dull. He was mostly ignored during the meeting. The second one was someone has a rather bold attitude online but is very humble in person. Now, when talking to the latter on the internet, I sometimes remember the person from real life in order not to be annoyed by some of his contrary opinions.
    Was it a meet-up at Germany? As we (you and I) counted there were only 5/6 German members that we knew of. And if you met them IRL we would have included them in the list. So I am beginning to wonder who these two people are??

The only German member who has a bold attitude online is you. All the other members seem to have a very laid back attitude. But most of the German members are interesting. So it would be rather hard to come to a conclusion as to who these two members are.

Who are they Nico?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i have met a couple people from the forum and already liked them online but in person they were much cooler than i realized.
    Lolz...

It's not like an ENFP is going to say - they were horrible and I didn't like them. They were uncool too.

If you want to get hardcore feedback of someone (including yourself) don't ask an NF or ISFJ. Except maybe INFJs. They too would of course butter things if they notice your feelings are being hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Who are they Nico?
    Not people from TypologyCentral.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Sadly I have met only 1 forum member in RL. She was just as I imagined her to be. And I very much liked her and continue to have contact with her (on FB).

Was it a meet-up at Germany? As we (you and I) counted there were only 5/6 German members that we knew of. And if you met them IRL we would have included them in the list. So I am beginning to wonder who these two people are??

The only German member who has a bold attitude online is you. All the other members seem to have a very laid back attitude. But most of the German members are interesting. So it would be rather hard to come to a conclusion as to who these two members are.

Who are they Nico?

Lolz...

It's not like an ENFP is going to say - they were horrible and I didn't like them. They were uncool too.

If you want to get hardcore feedback of someone (including yourself) don't ask an NF or ISFJ. Except maybe INFJs. They too would of course butter things if they notice your feelings are being hurt.
    What the hell. That was for real. They were awesome!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've met a bunch of people from this forum and INTP Central, and I can't really remember any big surprises. I drank a lot at a couple of these meetups so that might be why.

Edited to add: I just remembered that there was very nearly a physical fight in my living room between two INTPc members, both of whom liked the same girl who also attended the meetup. One of them is now married to her. Sorry, other guy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, I dunno, would you like a critique from me?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Not people from TypologyCentral.
    Ah I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Edited to add: I just remembered that there was very nearly a physical fight in my living room between two INTPc members, both of whom liked the same girl who also attended the meetup. One of them is now married to her. Sorry, other guy.
    Woahhhhh!

A physical fight between two INTPs? But sadly it was only 'nearly'.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh, I dunno, would you like a critique from me?
    As a policy I never ask for feedback. And as an additional clause I never ever ask for feedback from someone who despises me, trolls me and continuously tries to flame me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Woahhhhh!

A physical fight between two INTPs? But sadly it was only 'nearly'.
    It was always "mock fighting" but not really mock, if that makes sense. It got pretty heated. One of them crossed the line by putting handsoap in the other guy's hair. Then there was some flailing. I thought they were going to break my TV.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It was always "mock fighting" but not really mock, if that makes sense. It got pretty heated. One of them crossed the line by putting handsoap in the other guy's hair. Then there was some flailing. I thought they were going to break my TV.
    Whom did the girl choose as her husband? The one who 'crossed the line' or the one who 'won the IQ test'?