User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What does your facebook page say about you?

That's my name biotch! Array JoSunshine's Avatar

I use facebook mostly for picture sharing (not many status updates at all). Since most of the pictures are taken when I am out and having fun (I'm not much of a picture taker, so it is mostly tagged photos), it probably appears that I am a party not true, I just don't feel compelled to let everyone know if I am reading a book, going to the gym or discussing philosophy with my friends. It's a very one-dimensional portrait of me.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

6w7 sp/sx

I WISH facebook told the truth about who I am, that would solve all my troubles.

"I am the girl with a permasmile, perpetually standing in front of a body of water with my friend! (And I watch a lot of videos in my spare time between being on a boat and standing on a deck and swimming in the stream!) "

The real facebook would show me laying around in pjamas, talking on the phone about my dirty floor, rolling my eyes at a coworker, a big ugly timer that shows how long I've been on the internet today, an app about what time I woke up this afternoon, and a status update about chasing my dog around the house and singing a song about his monkey stuffed animal. (That song is pretty monumentally monumental by the way.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

1w9 sx/so

A couple years ago I was on a flick of trying to get people to understand me for me, I still am in away, but my approach is different.
    I used to put hours of thought into my profile descriptions. I would always try to make sure it's an accurate and wholesome description of myself that would allow people to understand me, like me, and accept me for who I am.
    I used to get into a lot of facebook arguments too; lol. But with time comes change. In some ways I got busier and it was pushed to the way side, but more and more my self-descriptions get shorter. They've gone from several paragraphs to just one. I'm still working on just what I what I want it to say, but more and more it serves less to describe me, and to just provide a good "first impression." If people are going to love me for who I am, then they gotta meet me.
    Back at Christmas time or something like that, I actually cleared out everything and started redoing my interests one by one. Making sure that the things I pick I really like. they aren't just phases but an essence.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

That I don't want to share much?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

9w1 sx/so

that i'm a cancer. the bloody astrology app has taken over my home page and i don't know how to remove it! grr
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar

Basically that I'm an aesthetically-inclined nerd that updates her facebook far too frequently, about a great many things. At the same time, is mostly private to outsiders apart from really informative life events.

I sometimes wonder how it comes across. If it's bubbly or self-important. If I'm portrayed as more of a nerd than I really am, or if I think I'm less of a nerd than my reality. If I come across as approachable, and worth knowing.
    On the other hand, I could care less considering I'm more about it for myself and my affinity for customization.

- Oh, I did remember that it makes me come across as far nicer than I actually am. It feels very filtered in comparison to my actual, abrasive thoughts (especially ones with cursing like a dirty pirate hooker, or talking about my vagina or metaphorical penis). My INTJ says that all of the ENFJs he knows have these wholesome, filtered facebook pages just by inherent nature.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Junior Member Array Catoptric Cistula's Avatar
    5w6 so/sp

I somehow befriended a genius (well, an 'Officer' of an exclusive high IQ society that I wouldn't qualify to be a member of) and ever since then I've had people that were likewise members add me to their friends list.

Facebook is something I don't use and it seems to have changed since I've logged in from previous, that most of it just becomes a useless twitter page of seemingly convoluted garble; corporatized ad-focused money making, intended to distract you at all possible. Constant barrage of excessive time-wasting in attempt to customize and further re-customize after changes are made. I'm uncertain what all it looks like from various outsiders or people that log in from the friends list. The way Facebook is organized seems very counter-intuitive sometimes as well.

2wX so/sx

I feel like I use to care about it more than I do now. I cared about it because it was my connection to people who I am not able to talk to very often, but I've realized other ways of doing that (and also given up on many of my connections that Facebook was holding onto). I care about my personal relationships with people and feel like facebook has just made people too easily dismiss-able. I am strictly against Facebook "happy birthday" messages and have told most of my friends that. I just feel like I want something more connected...

I suppose my facebook page of late doesn't detail things too much... which also reminds me of how my life has been lately. Busy, but not rich.... it's a sad reminder that my life seems to be at a standstill.... :/

4w5 sp/sx

I'm sure it doesn't say anything impressive. My friend's list is haphazard, I update infrequently, and I need some better pics. I need a facebook makeover.

To most people my profile says "you really want to friend this guy" or so it would seem, unless there's a lot of people who know someone with a similar name.